Recipe Cornbread Dressing/Stuffing

Allison

Veteran
Local time
5:06 PM
If it goes inside the turkey then it is called Stuffing. If it is served in a side dish then it is called Dressing.
Cornbread Dressing

Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing

2 Tbls butter

¾ c. finely chopped celery

1 chopped onion

1 ½ Tbls Sage

1 ½ c. Chicken Stock

2 beaten eggs

Salt, Pepper, and a dash of Garlic Powder

Directions

Heat the broth, butter, celery, onions, sage, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil. Then reduce the heat, cover and simmer until onions are clear. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the stuffing and mix the cornbread stuffing. Once it has cooled enough to be touched place everything in a baking dish. Add the beaten eggs and mix thoroughly.

Bake at 350 degrees for at least 30 minutes.

I have become an instant fan of cornbread stuffing because of Trader Joes. We got a box of their cornbread stuffing and it's better than my old family recipe...My mother would be really hurt if I told her that, so I don't dare speak this out loud, ever.

I grew up eating dressing, my grandmother's is so good. She usually makes with bits of turkey baked inside, but of course, it tastes just fine without it too. She also adds a can of either cream of mushroom or cream of celery to the mix, just to make sure it's not too dry.

Thanksgiving Day is usually the day we eat turkey and dressing. My daughter makes great dressing from a mix.

I love both cornbread and regular bread stuffing. Sometimes I have even combined the two together. This year I am going to make a traditional bread stuffing. I love the way it smells when the butter and herbs and celery are all simmering on the stovetop. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom