Recipe Corned beef hash

Local time
1:08 AM
A new recipe was posted about how to make your own corned beef, but what do you do with it once you have cooked it. The answer is make corned beef hash.

corned beef, tinnned or your own home made corned beef.
potatoes
onions
carrots
oxo cubes or beef stock that you prefer.

cube potatoes, chop onions and carrots. Place in a pot and add water up to the top of the vegetables. Bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes.

add half of the corned beef cubed, and the beef oxo cubes 3 or 4 depending on your own tastes. Simmer for another 30 to 40 minutes. Add the rest of the cubed corned beef and simmer for another 15 minutes.

Serve with boiled potatoes or your own preference. Corned beef hash can also be made into pies or pasties and served with potatoes and other vegetables and gravy.

I have seen recipes for corn beef harsh and have heard people talking about it but I have never made it or never even tasted it. I guess I will have to give it a try and see what it is all about.

I love making corned beef hash, unfortunately when I make a corned beef there isn't a lot of leftovers. If I want to make corned beef hash I usually buy a larger piece of corned beef to ensure I have enough for the hash the next day. I make my hash completely with leftovers. I use the boiled potatoes and corned beef from the previous boiled dinner. I'll even add some chopped cooked cabbage to the hash and fresh onions. I fry my hash in a skillet until the potatoes get a nice crisp. A great way to use up leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom