Corningware.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
7:56 PM
Has anyone been visiting Ebay lately? They want too much for Corning ware!! Some pieces cost as much as $20,000!!! When I saw that, I almost fell through the floor!! I'm not paying that!!! I'm so glad that I kept what I have!:stop:

No way, how, what, why? I have Corningware I have had for years, nothing fancy. That's just crazy.

I was actually shopping for Corning Ware a couple of weeks ago. I checked the websites, I checked Amazon, I checked Ebay. I read about how the pretty white "french" corning ware is actually made in China and chips very easily so I checked that off the list. I found on Amazon I couldn't verify many of the items were what they said they were and the vintage stuff that is virtually unbreakable. And the Ebay prices are absurd. I ended up buying 3 beautiful enameled Dutch ovens in 2, 4, and 6 qt. They will do nicely, in fact I'm quite in love with them. So much better than Corning Ware. Yeah I can't put them in a microwave but I don't use microwaves at all for cooking. It's mostly for heating up leftovers.

I was actually shopping for Corning Ware a couple of weeks ago. I checked the websites, I checked Amazon, I checked Ebay. I read about how the pretty white "french" corning ware is actually made in China and chips very easily so I checked that off the list. I found on Amazon I couldn't verify many of the items were what they said they were and the vintage stuff that is virtually unbreakable. And the Ebay prices are absurd. I ended up buying 3 beautiful enameled Dutch ovens in 2, 4, and 6 qt. They will do nicely, in fact I'm quite in love with them. So much better than Corning Ware. Yeah I can't put them in a microwave but I don't use microwaves at all for cooking. It's mostly for heating up leftovers.

The thing is that you can't get the old stuff because it has been out of production for years. Ebay was selling it at reasonable prices at first, then they went absolutely crazy with their pricing of the stuff!!

They found our that it's worth more now than it ever was, but $20,000?!!!! That is so ridiculous!!!! Sit right there until some fool comes along & thinks that it's quite a jewel!! I'm not the one!!!:ninja:

Must say having looked it up (we don't have it in the UK) it doesn't really appeal to me - very retro, very 70's. And yes there are 'rare' pieces which are being offered on ebay at silly prices:

But here is an interesting comparison. Same piece - wildly different prices: the first is ebay. The second is Amazon.

Snatched this up at Ebay for $15. But here's the kicker; It costs almost that much to ship it!! What a ripoff!! They're trying to make a serious killing off Corning ware!!

Last edited:
I had so much of that stuff I gave away over the years - an entire set of that French White design, a set of Visions cookware (the worst saucepans I've ever owned), and a few other pieces.

I'm trying to talk MrsTasty into ditching the ones we have now, but she's very much a "they still work, so we're keeping them," person and you can't "accidentally" break these things, because they're damn near indestructible.

I had so much of that stuff I gave away over the years - an entire set of that French White design, a set of Visions cookware (the worst saucepans I've ever owned), and a few other pieces.

I'm trying to talk MrsTasty into ditching the ones we have now, but she's very much a "they still work, so we're keeping them," person and you can't "accidentally" break these things, because they're damn near indestructible.
If she knew she could get money for them, she wouldn't want to sell them? It's not like you are just giving them away this time.

If she knew she could get money for them, she wouldn't want to sell them? It's not like you are just giving them away this time.
That opens up a whole new subject, titled, "Don't Throw That Out, It's Worth Something!" :laugh:

My wife is awesome at keeping anything she thinks might be worth a buck or two (old TV Guides, old movie posters, etc), but never, ever actually sells anything.

I don't know if she thinks the dishes are worth much. I imagine we bought them sometime in the 1990's, she's just thrifty where those are concerned.

I've lost my Visions cookware in storage. It's triple the price to get another set!! French White, I think they are still making.

Back
Top Bottom