Coronation Food

Local time
8:35 PM
Rather than continuing the Easter thread, I thought I'd start a new one.

I’m afraid to ask if anyone is doing anything celebratory for KC3’s coronation…

I doubt we'll be doing anything....we're going to be on holiday somewhere (probably northern Italy). Somehow we seem to always miss the big royal events.....usually by design thanks to the extra bank holidays they give us :okay: But I was reading the news this morning and came across this story Coronation Quiche recipe revealed to celebrate crowning of King Charles and thought it might appeal to a certain person here :happy:

I doubt we'll be doing anything....we're going to be on holiday somewhere (probably northern Italy). Somehow we seem to always miss the big royal events.....usually by design thanks to the extra bank holidays they give us :okay: But I was reading the news this morning and came across this story Coronation Quiche recipe revealed to celebrate crowning of King Charles and thought it might appeal to a certain person here :happy:
Broad beans in quiche? They mentioned another quiche with salmon, sounds more appealing to me!

I'll have a bash at this as I love broad beans and spinach and I love quiche. I'm not sure its a very inspired choice, by HRH though. Quiche is rather retro in reputation and many people don't really like it. Its also not very easy to make a quiche successfully. The recipe, although it sounds vegetarian, uses lard in the pastry. Lard is tricky to use in shortcrust IMHO.

We’ll be doing an afternoon tea, I have it about halfway worked out.

Chuck…er, that’s too informal…King Chuck…that’s better…likes eggs, so egg mayonnaise, of course, and a classic roast beef-horseradish cream for sandwiches.

Scones will likely be just the typical fruit scones they have daily at the palace. Research didn’t reveal any special favorite of his for scones.

Top layer…muesli balls (he likes muesli, apparently), and then something fruity, as yet to be determined. No chocolate, because he famously doesn’t like it.

We’ll also have a special “Coronation cocktail,” made with champagne, Chambord, and pineapple juice.

Maybe we’ll stream some reruns of “Coronation Street” as well. :laugh:

…and we’re just waiting on the arrival of the gold mini-lights to finish our Coronation tree…and we can leave that up right through Trooping the Colour in June. It’s a Charlie Two-Fer!

…and we’re just waiting on the arrival of the gold mini-lights to finish our Coronation tree…and we can leave that up right through Trooping the Colour in June. It’s a Charlie Two-Fer!

Looks like you have a menu well underway, and decorations, how about wardrobe?

CD

Isn't the king kinda green? The Royale veggie quiche revolution sounds good though.
Usually big politicians want to show how much the country has achieved by eating a big steak

Isn't the king kinda green? The Royale veggie quiche revolution sounds good though.
Usually big politicians want to show how much the country has achieved by eating a big steak
Yeah, he was into organic this-and-that before it was popular.

Once again, a distinctly odd dish from a distinctly odd family. I'll give it a go when I can get hold of some broad beans, but there are probably 10,000 combinations I'd prefer before broad beans and spinach. No onion, no garlic, hmmm.
Wife will undoubtedly watch the show, but I'll be watching Delhi Capitals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League.

The official palace recipe for coronation quiche...

Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 11.23.43 PM.jpg

CD

Back
Top Bottom