Crab Lagoon

Sweetkymom

Veteran
Local time
3:46 PM
Every time my mother and I go to our favorite Chinese restaraunt, we score several of these awesome tasting crab lagoons. They are absolutely delicious. I really want to try making some myself just to see if I can. Does anyone here have any experience making these? Got a recipe to share?

Are you referring to crab *rangoons*? Perhaps some restaurants spell it differently. I don't believe these are authentic Chinese things at all, but rather a product of "americanized" Chinese food, from what I've read. They are pretty simple to make on your own though if you have the time and the ingredients. The filling is basically just shredded crab meat, scallions and cream cheese. Some recipes will add a few other things like soy or worsteshire sauce, maybe sugar too. You don't really need a strict recipe for them though. Just eyeball the filling to taste, and spoon it onto some pre-made wonton wrappers. Seal them with water or an egg wash, and fold them into their signature shape. What I'm not sure about though is if you need to freeze them first like you do with traditional fried mozarella sticks to prevent them from oozing out all into the deep fryer. I suppose it couldn't hurt though to freeze them just to be safe and give time for the crab, scallion and cheese flavors to meld.

Back
Top Bottom