Recipe Crab Ragoon

mjd

Veteran
Local time
3:00 PM
Edited to add: It was pointed out to me that I posted that I'm allergic to shellfish but posted this recipe. I am allergic to shellfish and red dye and I used imitation crab for this recipe. I just wanted to clarify this for anyone questioning my veracity.

-------------------------------------------------------

I was craving crab ragoon and do not care for the local Chinese food restaurant's menu. So, I started with this... Air Fryer Crab Rangoon Recipe | SimplyRecipes.com.

Ingredients

• 30 square wonton wrappers
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 4 ounces lump crab meat or imitation crab
  • 2 tablespoons minced scallions
  • 2 teaspoons soy sauce
  • Nonstick spray for air fryer
For the dipping sauce:
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
  • Sesame seeds, for garnish
  • Red pepper flakes, for garnish
  1. Make the filling: In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, crab, scallion, and soy sauce. Mix well so the filling is a single consistency, and the crab is evenly distributed.
  2. Make the wontons: Working with one square wrapper at a time, add a 1/2 tablespoon of filling to the direct center of the wonton. Use your finger to paint the edges of the wonton with warm water, and then crimp the corners up to meet in the center, forming a dumpling. Use your fingers to press out as much air as you can along the edges as you seal the dumpling. I typically make 6-7 dumplings at a time, and then make the rest while those are frying. You can also make them all in advance and keep them in the fridge for up to a day.
  3. Fry the wontons: Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick spray. Place as many wontons as possible, without touching, into the air fryer basket. You should be able to fit 7-8 wontons. Air fry the wontons at 350˚F for 6 minutes until they are crispy and golden brown.
  4. Serve the wontons: Let the wontons cool briefly, then serve with the dipping sauce. Cooked wontons don’t keep very well (they get soggy), so cook only as many as you intend to eat right away!
They were tasty but I probably won't make them again this way. I think the air frying made them a little too dry.

Edited to add: I am on my 2nd air fryer because I literally used the first one every day. I love it. Warning: Do NOT use non-stick SPRAY. It will take the coating off the fryer basket. I use one of two in a regular spray bottle (EVOO and vegetable oil).

IMG_0615.JPG

I have 75% of the wonton wraps leftover so I'm interested in any other ideas for using them. I saw some with pork filling (I'm not a pork fan) and raviolis. What would you do with wonton wraps? [I don't know if this means this shouldn't be posted here. I'm constantly confused about where to post stuff.].

Last edited:
N.B. I edited the post to include the written recipe. Recipe threads should contain the full recipe (not just links). This is site policy. See rule 19 here: User Guidelines and Rules. As a fairly new member you probably weren't aware of this.

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom