Recipe Crabmeat Stuffing

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
10:07 PM
This moist, rich and flavorful crabmeat stuffing can be used as a topping for baked fish filets, stuffed mushrooms, and crabcakes. It's an easy recipe to follow and I've been using it for years. I don't remember exactly how I came up with it but it's always been a hit! This recipe makes about 1 pound of stuffing (enough to top 2-3 medium-sized fish filets or to make 4 crabcakes).

Ingredients:
1/2 stick (4 tbsp) butter
4 ounces cream cheese
2 tbsp red onion
1 tbsp chopped green onion
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
The juice from 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup chopped greens (I used mustard greens but spinach works nicely as well)
1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning
A pinch of sea salt
A pinch of red pepper flake
A pinch of lemon pepper
1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 lb cooked crabmeat, picked through to remove any shells

Preparation method:
Place butter, cream cheese, red and green onion, lemon juice, parsley, mustard greens, red pepper flake, minced garlic, Cajun seasoning, lemon pepper, and sea salt in a medium sized glass bowl or other microwave safe dish (if you don't have a microwave, you can melt the butter and soften the cream cheese in a pan on low heat and add the herbs, vegetables and seasonings).

Heat the bowl of ingredients in the microwave until the butter and cream cheese have melted. Stir together. Add breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese. Then gently fold in the crabmeat (careful to not break up the crabmeat much).

If using for crabcakes, I like to form the patties and then lightly coat them with Panko breadcrumbs before pan frying. This crabmeat stuffing makes a great topping for mild white fish as it prevents the fish from drying out and really livens up the flavor!

I used this stuffing to top Walleye filets, which I then baked in the oven.

A pinch of

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom