Cravings

When I get a craving for chocolate, I get out the bag of Nestle mini morsels - little teeny tiny chips of semi-sweet chocolate. A few of them can satisfy my craving for chocolate in no time. Looks like thousands of them in that bag.

Look for foods that make you feel full. Foods high in fiber, complex carbohydrates, nuts and beans can do that. Dairy, including milk, can make you feel full, too.

CD
I've found that fruits and vegetables fill me up, and they're always good for you, too. Some of them even taste good. :)

I'm trying very hard and doing well giving up Dr Pepper. But now I'm finding myself wanting to snack! Ugh! I don't want to gain weight because I quit drinking Dr Pepper. I have been craving fudge, milk, and salty chips. Sipping ice Tea or water isn't cutting it.

What foods help quit the cravings?
I like the fizzy stuff too. I usually drink diet lemon lime soda. It's probably not healthy. I received 2 cans of s.pelligrino Essenza sparkling mineral water with my groceries. Free samples. Not sure if it's lower in carbs, or what to do with it. Can I add alcohol i.e. vodka to it ? I looked at their site, but it's unclear. One is strawberry, and the other is dark cherry. Look at the site, and see what you think.

I had a soda stream machine, but didn't care for it.

Last edited:
Oh I see - I didn't know anyone still did that. Bad for the mouth, throat and gullet I believe. I was a total tobacco addict for many decades... its a very hard addiction to give up.

Skoal and Copenhagen "snuff" (AKA: dip) is popular in the American South. "Just a pinch between the cheek and gum." My college roomate used to "dip" Skoal. Nasty stuff.

CD

What are midget gems?

Small hard gums.

I've heard it recommended that having some ready made low calories fresh snacks to hand can help; things like slices of apple steeped in lemon juice, pieces of carrot, celery, melon. Things that need a bit of munching are best. For drinks - carbonated water with a little fresh lemon, lime or orange juice will at least provide a fizzy hit. When I stopped smoking I used pieces of apple instead. Somehow, after munching on a piece of apple it seemed wrong to smoke.

I'm trying very hard and doing well giving up Dr Pepper. But now I'm finding myself wanting to snack! Ugh! I don't want to gain weight because I quit drinking Dr Pepper. I have been craving fudge, milk, and salty chips. Sipping ice Tea or water isn't cutting it.

Here too, I sometimes yearn for chips.

I like the fizzy stuff too. I usually drink diet lemon lime soda. It's probably not healthy. I received 2 cans of s.pelligrino Essenza sparkling mineral water with my groceries. Free samples. Not sure if it's lower in carbs, or what to do with it. Can I add alcohol i.e. vodka to it ? I looked at their site, but it's unclear. One is strawberry, and the other is dark cherry. Look at the site, and see what you think.

I had a soda stream machine, but didn't care for it.

Here's an example of the new flavored San Pelligrino sparkling water samples I received:

https://www.cookinglight.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom