Cream Cheese

joeyjevv

Veteran
Local time
10:47 PM
Hey all! So, I've been wanting to innovate with cream cheese. I know it's generally used with chocolate or red velvet (which is also chocolate, if I'm not mistaken). Do you guys know of other ingredients or flavors that could do well with cream cheese? :) I'd be delighted to have some suggestions! Thanks!

Cream cheese is so versatile and there are no shortage of things that can go in it or with it. I use it for dips and spreads with a myriad of things from chives, clams and even peanut butter. Cream cheese and lox are fabulous on a good bagel with tomato slices and red onion. Yum!

I have a pumpkin pie recipe that uses cream cheese as a base, to hold it together and make it creamy. I figured the same would apply if I swapped the pumpkin as a main ingredient for beetroot, apple, or pear pie filling. Citrus fruits might be a stretch because of the curdling factor, but, go ahead! I'd give the side-eye at cream cheese and coconut, but...

I also found a turtle pie recipe that blends cream cheese with peanut butter as well as chocolate.

I like mock Devonshire clotted cream with avocado. The clotted cream is basically cream cheese (which makes the clots), a cup and a half of heavy cream, vanilla to emulsify, and confectionary sugar to taste.

And then there's just straight-up cream cheese on a section of a poppy seed or sesame bagel.

Oh man! Cream Cheese is amazing for everything.

I use it to make Macaroni and cheese along with regular cheese. It gives it such a rich taste and a unique flavor it is really amazing.
You can use it in tuna salad. I melt it, add some sour cream, milk, tuna, onions, eggs, garlic, and pickles. Yum!
Not to mention all the different flavor cheesecakes you can make with it like lemon, blueberry, etc.

I love the versatility of cream cheese. I use it in entrees for dinner but also desserts.

For dinner, I will throw a little bit in the pasta sauces to thicken them and make them creamy. I also mix it in with beans and sour cream for a dip. It is so good!

For dessert, there's of course cheesecake. I also put some in brownies to thicken them up and it gives them a great flavor. I also love to make Oreo Cheesecake cookies. Cream cheese is definitely a staple ingredient in my kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom