Crudites

Rachele

Veteran
Local time
3:16 AM
So we all know that crudités as an appetiser is rather dated. There isn't much that's duller than plate full of sliced peppers, cauliflower and an onion dip, right? But I'm thinking that a crudités platter could be something really cool if you mix it up a little and try something different. I am thinking along the lines of asparagus, boiled eggs, snow peas, radishes and stuffed mini peppers. I would serve the crudités with a lemon houmous, a hot chill houmous, homemade salsa made with finely chopped tomatoes, spring onions, chillies, olive juice and lime, some bread sticks and some crackers.

Doesn't that sound amazing?!

I like eating crudités with dips. Houmous, taramasalata, hot salsa, sour cream and chives all go well with slices of carrot, cauliflower and peppers.

Your home made salsa does look amazing. I would serve it with tortilla chips.

It does sound amazing and I would love to be sitting here and eating some of it!

I love crudites, especially nowadays when some people are on low carb diets, or perhaps gluten free diets, these can be great for them to snack on and enjoy as well.

The possibilities are endless when it comes to dips to serve them with, and that is a great opportunity to do something very out of the ordinary. Plus if some folks aren't into the veggies, you can always include some crackers or bread sticks to dip with instead. I love a good roasted red pepper hummus, or perhaps a spinach and artichoke hummus. I also enjoy making my own home made blue cheese dressing, with all fresh ingredients - I even top it off with some fresh chives, so you know this isn't just the bottled stuff.

While I've never heard of crudités, I'd love to be eating some right now. I'd try just about anything at least once. Going by above posters descriptions of what it is, its gotta be good!

Back
Top Bottom