Recipe Cured egg yolks

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
3:45 PM
A good way to use up excess yolks or even to make just for themselves. The cured eggs taste like aged eggy cheese, maybe a good substitution for lactose-challenged folks.

Recipe can be doubled, tripled, etc.

1 cup sugar
5/8 cup salt
3 unbroken egg yolks

Mix the salt and sugar together in a small bowl. Place half of the mixture in a small sealable container. Make 3 yolk sized indentations in the salt/sugar mix. Leave a little space around them so the yolks will not touch. Place a yolk in each space, cover with remaining salt/sugar mixture, seal container and place in refrigerator for 1 week. At that time, remove the yolks, brushing off excess salt/sugar mix, wrap in paper towels, cheesecloth or a coffee filter, and return to refrigerator for at least another week. When ready to use, peel the salt/sugar crystals away with a small sharp knife and grate.

Last edited:
From what I understand, it shouldn't be runny. You are supposed to be able to grate it like a hard cheese. It was a little salty, but no more than Parm R.
I didn't made them and my coworker told me they're ready, now you can try them and so I did. After I tried the egg we talked about for what can you use these eggs and then another coworker intervened and also told us that they've to be hard, so you might be right.
Stay healthy

A good way to use up excess yolks or even to make just for themselves. The cured eggs taste like aged eggy cheese, maybe a good substitution for lactose-challenged folks.

Recipe can be doubled, tripled, etc.

1 cup sugar
5/8 cup salt
3 unbroken egg yolks

Mix the salt and sugar together in a small bowl. Place half of the mixture in a small sealable container. Make 3 yolk sized indentations in the salt/sugar mix. Leave a little space around them so the yolks will not touch. Place a yolk in each space, cover with remaining salt/sugar mixture, seal container and place in refrigerator for 1 week. At that time, remove the yolks, brushing off excess salt/sugar mix, wrap in paper towels, cheesecloth or a coffee filter, and return to refrigerator for at least another week. When ready to use, peel the salt/sugar crystals away with a small sharp knife and grate.

View attachment 58152
View attachment 58153
LOVE!!

Back
Top Bottom