Curly parsley v. flat leaved parsley

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
3:14 PM
My wife found some fresh curly leaf parsley today. It's not common here and this was the last pack (or it could have been the only pack).

It's destined for parsley sauce to accompany a cod loin steak.

My wife found some fresh curly leaf parsley today. It's not common here and this was the last pack (or it could have been the only pack).

It's destined for parsley sauce to accompany a cod loin steak.
The only thing I’ve ever seen curly parsley used for is as a little sprig to decorate a plate, on every dish, regardless of what it is. Parsley to be consumed is always Italian flat-leaf parsley.

The only thing I’ve ever seen curly parsley used for is as a little sprig to decorate a plate, on every dish, regardless of what it is. Parsley to be consumed is always Italian flat-leaf parsley.

That is likely why it is uncommon here. Mine will be added to béchamel sauce to accompany my cod steak later in the week. My dear old mum used to swear by parsley sauce to adorn fish that wasn't cooked in batter.

I mostly use the curly stuff rather than flat leaved parsley. Guess it's what I was brought up with and what was mostly available in the UK.

I mostly use the curly stuff rather than flat leaved parsley. Guess it's what I was brought up with and what was mostly available in the UK.
I was actually surprised, after I grew up and left home, that people actually ate parsley. I thought it was just for decoration.

I knew it was edible, but the only parsley I ever saw was a single curly sprig on a plate. I’d never seen or heard of flat-leaf parsley until I was an adult. Now it’s one of my favorite things.

I was actually surprised, after I grew up and left home, that people actually ate parsley. I thought it was just for decoration.

I knew it was edible, but the only parsley I ever saw was a single curly sprig on a plate. I’d never seen or heard of flat-leaf parsley until I was an adult. Now it’s one of my favorite things.

My taste buds never got the memo about parsley. I don't mind it, but it doesn't really taste like anything to me. I grew flat leaf parsley one year, and determined that it was a waste of garden space, for me.

CD

I never even knew that there was flat leaf parsley until I came to Asia in '94. Then it took me another 20 years to discover what it looked like.

I use the curly type to make parsley oil. I reckon the colour is much more intense than with the flat leaved type and also, you need less of it. Here is some I made:

20190525_181654.jpg

Back
Top Bottom