salt and pepper
1 lime, zest and juice
3 TB. mango chutney
4 cups baby kale blend
1/2 head Bibb lettuce, torn
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup fresh mint and/or cilantro
1/3 cup salted roasted cashews, chopped

1. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 425F. Cover the red onion with cold water in a small bowl and set aside. Toss the sweet potatoes with 2 TB. olive oil, curry powder, 1/2 tsp salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Spred the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the hot baking sheet and roast until tender and browned around the edges, 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the lime zest and juice, mango chutney, remaining 3 TB. olive oil, 3/4 tsp salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Drain the red onion and add to the bowl along with the kale, lettuce, chicken and half the herbs; toss to coat. Divide among bowls and top with the sweet potatoes, cashews and remaining herbs. Serves 4

Source: Food Network mag. April 2019

I like anything that says 'curried'! Although sweet potato is not my favourite thing (too sweet) I reckon the use of spice and mint should temper the sweet taste. But what is baby kale blend?

Well, the recipe is fairly new, so I guess it is something in the stores now, at least here. I guess you could sub whatever.

Well, the recipe is fairly new, so I guess it is something in the stores now, at least here. I guess you could sub whatever.. I think it means 'mix'

I was curious about the word 'blend' which suggests blending as in a puree. I think it must mean a variety of leaves.

Back
Top Bottom