Curry powder blends

Local time
1:35 AM
Website
www.helium.com
Do you mix your own curry spice blends, or buy a ready mixed version? We always use Bolst's Hot Curry Powder - it also comes in Mild and Medium. Every curry we make is really good. My husband's beef curry is legendary, and whenever friends come to say, they always beg him to make one. I can't see that we'd get better results if we blended our own spice mix.

I probably know how Satnav will respond to this, but to everyone else, do you make your own curry powder or use a blend. If so, which one?

...I probably know how Satnav will respond to this, but to everyone else, do you make your own curry powder or use a blend. If so, which one?

Well you probably guessed correctly, :wink: though I am wondering if I need to find a emicon with a wobbly bottom lip!

Tonight's tea is the recipe that includes 17 spices in it (18 if you count salt!) & only 4 other ingredients and will mean I need to go back to the health food shop tomorrow to buy some more tamarind...:D always enjoy trips to the health food shop (can't say my wallet or husband does but, I do!)

Well you probably guessed correctly, :wink: though I am wondering if I need to find a emicon with a wobbly bottom lip!

Tonight's tea is the recipe that includes 17 spices in it (18 if you count salt!) & only 4 other ingredients and will mean I need to go back to the health food shop tomorrow to buy some more tamarind...:D always enjoy trips to the health food shop (can't say my wallet or husband does but, I do!)

No, Satnav, you definitely don't need the wobbly lip - I was just showing that I read and take notice of your posts, and I figured - rightly, as it turns out - that I could joke with you. :)

18 spices? I don't think I have that many in my spice rack, but you obviously know what you're doing with them, as the stuff you describe always sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom