Cyber Attacks Shut Down Brazilian JBS Meat Packing Plants

Isn't Brazilian beef really good ? Like Argentine beef ?

From page one of Google results;

"JBS S.A. JBS S.A. is a Brazilian company that is the largest (by sales) meat processing company in the world, producing factory processed beef, chicken and pork, and also selling by-products from the processing of thesemeats. It is headquartered in São Paulo. It was founded in 1953 in Anápolis, Goiás."

I read like $51 billion in revenue. This has to hurt but it could be worse. Their GDP is like $1.84 trillion.

"The USDA suspended imports of all fresh beef from Brazil in 2017"

So it isn't likely to affect much here, except for maybe the price.

I know a guy who worked for Cargill, and there ain't no shutting down. The mess to restart will make you want to burn the place down.

If it ever gets real bad, a friend of the family, used to be the big farmer, now deals beef, the way I like it. He sees them and bids on them, not taking it in a container not knowing if it was on its death bed.

That was what was nice about the cattle drive, they walked cross country you knew they were healthy. If not, the vultures got them.

T

Some guy on the evening news just said, "They're coming for our hot dogs!" :laugh:

The two suspected group are in Russia, no surprise there.

Russ

Makes sense. They could be free lance or even kids but they are really good hackers.

I do not know if it is government condoned, they would never have thought about it with Trump but they got less than zero respect for Biden.

Still, let that be a lesson in business, do not depend on the BS. Like Gordon Ramsey brings in POS terminals and wait staff limited phones which really help keep the books, anytime it could go down so keep that old pad and pen handy to take orders. Like having a Cadillac with ONstar, don't throw the cellphone away.

Being able to work without the net is a huge asset.

I kinda got to trust Russia a bit for that four years, but no more.

T

Makes sense. They could be free lance or even kids but they are really good hackers.

I do not know if it is government condoned, they would never have thought about it with Trump but they got less than zero respect for Biden.

Still, let that be a lesson in business, do not depend on the BS. Like Gordon Ramsey brings in POS terminals and wait staff limited phones which really help keep the books, anytime it could go down so keep that old pad and pen handy to take orders. Like having a Cadillac with ONstar, don't throw the cellphone away.

T

There's a huge area open for hacking. I know a woman about 10 years ago her house was raided and her sons computers were taken away. He was 15 at the time and had hacked into the government computers. He was put on a watch list with a serious warning. I don't know what happened afterwards, I havnt seen her in years.

Russ

There's a huge area open for hacking. I know a woman about 10 years ago her house was raided and her sons computers were taken away. He was 15 at the time and had hacked into the government computers. He was put on a watch list with a serious warning. I don't know what happened afterwards, I havnt seen her in years.

Russ
He's working for the CIA now of course. :roflmao:

T

The Russian government tolerates the hacking and extortion, as long as it is not against Russia or Russian enterprises. It was the exact same with Trump as it is with Biden. Putin didn't respect Trump -- he seemed to have owned him. Putin is Russia. If you trusted Russia, you trusted Putin, and he can't be trusted. Period.

CD

The Russian government tolerates the hacking and extortion, as long as it is not against Russia or Russian enterprises. It was the exact same with Trump as it is with Biden. Putin didn't respect Trump -- he seemed to have owned him. Putin is Russia. If you trusted Russia, you trusted Putin, and he can't be trusted. Period.

CD
And Belarus hi jacking a plane, kind of ? To get the opposition guy under their control, prolly never to be seen again.

Russ

Over the course of my lifetime, the US has spent trillions on new warplanes, missiles and ships. Half of the US Government wants to keep that up (guess which half). IMO, the future of war is cyberwar. Imagine if Russia were to take down our air traffic control systems with thousands of aircraft in the air over the US? After what happened in Texas a few months ago with the "Big Freeze," imagine taking down the power grid during a major winter storm in the entire Northeast.

Instead of throwing away a trillion dollars on a new multi-force fighter jet that isn't any better than the ones we have, we need to invest that money into cyber defense.

Just my two-cents.

CD

Over the course of my lifetime, the US has spent trillions on new warplanes, missiles and ships. Half of the US Government wants to keep that up (guess which half). IMO, the future of war is cyberwar. Imagine if Russia were to take down our air traffic control systems with thousands of aircraft in the air over the US? After what happened in Texas a few months ago with the "Big Freeze," imagine taking down the power grid during a major winter storm in the entire Northeast.

Instead of throwing away a trillion dollars on a new multi-force fighter jet that isn't any better than the ones we have, we need to invest that money into cyber defense.

Just my two-cents.

CD
I watched a doco on space station the other day, cost to date 150 billion dollars.

Russ

CD
Most countries tolerate hacking, Israel for one, and of course you have that long lost relative in Nigeria. Of course not agianst their own country.

Putin had just basic respect for Trump, let's just say he was not awed. To him, Biden is a joke.

And Putin can be trusted, but not to do what we want. See that is many people's main criterium, what they do for us. Well Putin does not.

Now imagine Biden and Putin negotiating something. Putin is one of the most competent world leaders of this time. Bisen has trouble forming complete sentences. The only one we ever had who could approach his level was George H W Bush. But GHW Bush was loyal to oil, not us.

T

Back
Top Bottom