Recipe Dark Chocolate Chickpea Brownies

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
4:10 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I wasn't actually after this recipe, I had a chocolate chickpea recipe lined up but then my tablet crashed fatally and had to be rebuilt and, yes, you guessed it. I lost it, even though it was bookmarked, everything was lost, bookmarks included. So back on a hunt and, yes, you guessed it, I can't find the one I was looking for. I'm not even certain the one I was after was actually for brownies, but this caught my even and I thought I would upload it for the current Bean (and chickpea) recipe challenge.

I have made 2 changes to this recipe. The first is that not all the chocolate chips get added to the blender, I like my brownies to have whole chocolate chip lumps in them. The second is the use of the chickpea liquid or aquafaba to make the recipe vegan. 3tbsp of aquafaba whisked can replace a whisked egg. So here use 6tbsp and just add to the blender.

dark_chocolate_chickpea_brownies.jpg

Ingredients
  • 1 14-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
  • 2 eggs/6 tbsps chickpea liquid (aquafaba)
  • 1/3 cup (raw) cacao powder
  • 2/3 cup coconut sugar
  • 2 tablespoons full-fat canned coconut milk
  • 1 teaspoon coffee grinds or instant coffee (optional)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ cup dark chocolate chips
Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas Mark 4.
  2. Line a 9" x 9" pan with parchment/greaseproof paper (or lightly oil it).
  3. Add all ingredients, except for half of the chocolate chips for the brownies to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
  4. Now add the remaining chocolate chips and mix in well.
  5. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 24 to 26 minutes or until brownies test clean.
  6. Allow brownies to cool, in the tray, for at least 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
The original recipe came from here (http://www.theroastedroot.net/dark-chocolate-chickpea-brownies/) and will be tested once we have moved into our new home (fingers crossed).

Back
Top Bottom