Decisions, Decisions. Labor Day Weekend

CraigC

Guru
Local time
12:24 PM
I have a whole pork butt in one of the freezers. What should I make? Cochinita Pibil, Pulled pork or Cuban pork roast? I also have a whole chicken I could smoke or make cupcake thighs. I have baby backs and St. Louis cut ribs. Or should I make a Cajun Hog Log (fatty)? What to go with ABTs or moink balls, beans or slaw or potato salad?:eek:

I have a whole pork butt in one of the freezers. What should I make? Cochinita Pibil, Pulled pork or Cuban pork roast? I also have a whole chicken I could smoke or make cupcake thighs. I have baby backs and St. Louis cut ribs. Or should I make a Cajun Hog Log (fatty)? What to go with ABTs or moink balls, beans or slaw or potato salad?:eek:

One of them? How many freezers do you have?

I'll be able to say that soon. I'm getting a seperate small freezer the end of September! :wink:

2 refrigerators with freezers and 1 deep freeze.
Old single-door fridge..jpg

I remember us & others having a fridge like THIS!

Single door with the small freezer inside. Mechanical latch, manual defrost. They still make them, but they are now freezerless & frost-free. Also expensive!!

Make some Char Siu (Chinese BBQ Pork) and cold sesame noodles, Chinese pork buns, & potstickers, and invite me over.

https://thewoksoflife.com/2014/02/chinese-bbq-pork-cha-siu/

For Chinese pork buns we prefer pork belly. It was a production and she will probably not make them again, but homemade pork soup dumplings are great!

I'm now thinking about a combination of smoking the pork butt for a few hours and the making Texican Shredded Pork for tacos. I can still make the ABTs, some re-fried and Mexican rice. Make some guacamole, pickled red onions and Pico de Gallo. Maybe some Xni Pec as well. I still have some Hatch chilis from last season.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/texican-shredded-pork.11733/

Actually, we have friends and their herd of kids coming over tomorrow. Going on a hike, then back home to grill some dogs, 2 big London Broils, Vidalias, marinated chicken, and maybe some stuffed portabellas.

I'm pretty much working all but 13 of the 48 hours of Sunday and Monday.
They don't call it Labor day for nothing, I guess.

I bought what looks to be Carolina Reapers for the Xni Pec. I'm only going to use 4 instead of the 8 called for. Never having used the Reapers before I'm playing it safe.:pepper:

Back
Top Bottom