Delayed Birthday Dinner.

CraigC

Guru
Local time
6:40 AM
My birthday was July 30th but didn't go out then. Tonight we will be going to one of our favorite places, "The Cook and The Cork". My biggest problem is deciding to have the Beef Short Rib or KFC (Korean Fried Chicken). They also make Dog Biscuits, which they are usually out of, so the pugs have to settle for Milk Bones.

My birthday was July 30th but didn't go out then. Tonight we will be going to one of our favorite places, "The Cook and The Cork". My biggest problem is deciding to have the Beef Short Rib or KFC (Korean Fried Chicken). They also make Dog Biscuits, which they are usually out of, so the pugs have to settle for Milk Bones.
Happy belated birthday! Enjoy your dinner :cheers:

Convince your partner to have one and you order the other, then eat theirs, too..It's your birthday!

Hey now, he always gets the lion's share of appetizers we share. Case in point, he got 3 of the 4 original below and got most of the other appetizer. Plus, I rarely finish when I get a full size entree, so we usually split what is left for lunch or add to and split for dinner.

We got their housemade chip and dip, freshly made thin chips and a bacon, onion, with a bit of horseradish dip. I've tried to replicate this and have gotten fairly close, using bacon grease as part of fat to make aioli.

The other appy we got was tuna on crispy rice cakes. Didn't get the Pic until we both had already grabbed one. It was little round soft and creamy but crispy on outside rice cakes, with a tower of tuna tartare, sitting on a glaze of the thick sweet soy sauce and sesame oil, the soy sauce has a name but I can't remember it, with what tasted like a garnish of Kewpie mayo and Wasabi, with a bit of golden tamari drizzled on top of that. They were yummy.

He got his short ribs and ate every bit of them, only leaving a tiny bit of the Wasabi mashies.

TAMARI-HONEY GLAZED SHORT RIBS
Wasabi Mashed Potatoes Cranberry Mostarda, plus some kind of vege medley, I saw zucchini, but didn't notice what else there was.

I got a small plate of
FRIED CHICKEN & WAFFLE
Boneless Breast, Corn Waffle, Andouille Gravy, Ancho Syrup

We both got a piece of salted caramel, chocolate ganache cheesecake to bring home because he was too full and I was full enough that any more would be too much. Did have double espressos there though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom