Deli Meat Slicer!

The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
5:40 AM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
I’m guessing this is from the 1960s. Note the lack of safety features. The blade didn’t turn at first. But, after fiddling around with it a little bit, I got it working. And, I lived to tell the tale.

Thank you, @TodayInTheKitchen, for giving me the cool stand to hold my phone in place for me. If not for that, I would have probably seriously injured myself or destroyed the phone.

If you’re attentive, you can see a piece of salami rolling away about halfway through the video:

As for the “recipe” part of the “Recipe and Video” category: this is a recipe for sliced salami.

Last edited:
I’m guessing this is from the 1960s. Note the lack of safety features. The blade didn’t turn at first. But, after fiddling around with it a little bit, I got it working. And, I lived to tell the tale.

Thank you, @TodayInTheKitchen, for giving me the cool stand to hold my phone in place for me. If not for that, I would have probably seriously injured myself or destroyed the phone.

If you’re attentive, you can see a piece of salami rolling away about halfway through the video:

As for the “recipe” part of the “Recipe and Video” category: this is a recipe for sliced salami.

Wouldn't get me near that, I'd slip and cut myself.

Russ

Meat Slicer..jpg

Here's a compact commercial deli meat slicer that I bought used from Ebay. It has a compact 10-inch blade. :wink:

@The Late Night Gourmet - bravo for making the video- in more ways than one given the lethal look of the slicer!

Please note that as with all recipes, a Recipe & Video needs to include the written recipe as well. The written recipe should go at the top of the post - the video at the bottom. Sorry - I'm in the process of writing up site rules about this but they aren't in place yet!

However - In this case its not really a recipe. Its a demonstration of using a piece of equipment - so I guess I should remove the Prefix altogether as we don't have an 'Equipment Demonstration' pre-fix. Maybe we should? I'll consult with @SatNavSaysStraightOn.

Last edited:
Safety features: fancy!

The blade turned slower than I expected (I was expecting something like a circular saw). Probably a good thing.

I am looking forward to making corned beef and making thin slices for sandwiches.

Partially freeze the meat first. Ours turns very slowly as well, but it does the job and is no where the cost of Hobart. It is all metal, except for the motor housing. We used to have one that was all plastic except for the blade and motor. Piece of junk!

Whenever anyone in my family buys anything like that, or any power tool, the first thing they do is discard any guards and defeat any safety features! :okay:

@The Late Night Gourmet , that looks like our Rival, although the blade on ours is some what serrated. It has a sliding tray and a guard. We mostly use it to slice slightly frozen filet for carpaccio.

Safety features: fancy!

The blade turned slower than I expected (I was expecting something like a circular saw). Probably a good thing.

I am looking forward to making corned beef and making thin slices for sandwiches.

@The Late Night Gourmet , I think yours did have a sliding tray and guard at some point. Yours looks very much like ours and that oblong, full length hole in the front part of the stand is where the tray went. See Rival meat slicer on Ebay. I think ours might turn a tad faster, but that may be due to age difference.

Back
Top Bottom