delicious low carb recipes

kgord

Veteran
Local time
8:58 PM
I am wondering what are some of your favorite low carb recipes? I am trying to cut carbs..and their are plenty of good low carb recipes out there. However, it seems like most recipes still feature carbs as the star. Do you have any personal favorites in terms of low carb recipes? I made an unstuffed cabbage dish last year that was quite good and very low carb.

Aubergine Parmigiana is a classic Italian dish. You will find may recipes for it on-line. Minimal carbs or even none if you leave out the breadcrumbs. Totally delicious - and vegetarian too. Here is a recipe:
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3091674/melanzane-parmigiana

That's a favorite in our household too.

Most of the time when I'm trying to eat low carb I'm kind of boring. I have big old salads with some sort of protein and as many veggies as I have on hand. I need to branch out a little, I think!

Thanks for the recipie. However, I don't even know what an aubergine is. I am in the U.S. I will see if I can find a U.S, based recipie for that. I know one thing that I will make however, it is a spaghetti squash carbonara. Since I subscribe to the Food Network Magazine they give tips how to prepare it.

Thanks for the recipie. However, I don't even know what an aubergine is. I am in the U.S. I will see if I can find a U.S, based recipie for that. I know one thing that I will make however, it is a spaghetti squash carbonara. Since I subscribe to the Food Network Magazine they give tips how to prepare it.
Aubergine is Eggplant!!!

One easy low-carb meal that I LOVED when I did Atkins was chicken-apple sausages (you can find these at your local grocery store or Costco-like store), cooked with a bit of Italian dressing and sour cream. Sautee some onions and throw them in, and you've got a hearty little meal! Even though I'm not carbing anymore, I still make it on occasion!

That sounds really good. Thanks! I have seen those chicken apple sausages in many stores. They tend to cost a bit more than regular sausage, but on the other hand, I think they are much better for you so I like the idea of them. I love to eat sausage with vegetables anyway. Eating them with with maybe one small cut up potato and veggies is pretty low carb anyway.

Pesto Chicken Salad
Use shortcut foods, like store-bought pesto and rotisserie chicken, to whip up this dish in just 10 minutes.

1/2cup mayonnaise
1/2cup store-bought pesto
kosher salt and black pepper
1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken, meat chopped
6cups arugula

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pesto, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Toss with the chicken and serve over the greens.

Broiled Asparagus
Expecting company? Top with crumbled goat cheese or shaved Parmesan to upgrade this simple side.

1pound asparagus, trimmed
2tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and black pepper

DIRECTIONS

Heat broiler. On a baking sheet, toss the asparagus with the oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Arrange the asparagus in a single layer and broil, shaking the baki

Dry-Rubbed Baby-Back Ribs
Coat ribs with a dry rub made from garlic, brown sugar, and spices before grilling.

4 cloves garlic, chopped
2tablespoons brown sugar
1teaspoon chili powder
1/2teaspoon cayenne pepper
Kosher salt and black pepper
2racks baby-back ribs (about 3 pounds)

DIRECTIONS

In a small bowl, combine the garlic, brown sugar, chili powder, cayenne, 2 teaspoons salt, and ¾ teaspoon black pepper.

Rub the spice mixture on the ribs and let sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat grill to medium.

Grill the ribs, covered, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.

Very good suggestions here. I Googled low carb meals and found way too many to choose from. There are a few here I might try like the ones Morning and Skytvcontact mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom