Delicious veggie side dishes

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
11:35 AM
I am on the hunt for some new veggie side dishes that are different and delicious. I am tired of the same old steamed and sauted veggies and would like to see if any of you have anything that is different and good. I just found a recipe on Food Network for a cauliflower gratin by Ina Garten, and it is out of this world good. These are the kind of recipes I am looking for. If you have any secret dishes you would like to pass along, I would be thankful!

Do you like Indian food? There are a wide range of dishes that are vegetarian or that can be made with tofu or another veg protein substitute. Sometimes it's a matter of changing up the seasoning or adding a simple sauce. There are a lot of other good vegetarian dishes from other parts of Asia. Have you tried Vietnamese food?

I am on the hunt for some new veggie side dishes that are different and delicious. I am tired of the same old steamed and sauted veggies and would like to see if any of you have anything that is different and good. I just found a recipe on Food Network for a cauliflower gratin by Ina Garten, and it is out of this world good. These are the kind of recipes I am looking for. If you have any secret dishes you would like to pass along, I would be thankful!

Rosyrain, I would be happy to get a hold of your recipe. I've been meaning to have some cauliflower for a while now. Anyway, I like you would be happy to have some recipes for vegetables instead of the usual stuff. I just got some spinach from a friend and I decided to search for something new. I came upon this recipe which I think might be quite tasty. Granted I should be looking for the healthiest if I am thinking of my own health but I am going to share what I found.

http://www.marthastewart.com/317508...-recipes/@center/276948/dinner-tonight|317508

Wintery, just go to Foodnetwork.com and type in "cauliflower gratin" Ina's recipe will be the first one that pops up in the results. It was for her Thanksgiving episode of Barefoot Contessa. It is an amazing dish and you forget that it is made from cauliflower.

Wintery, just go to Foodnetwork.com and type in "cauliflower gratin" Ina's recipe will be the first one that pops up in the results. It was for her Thanksgiving episode of Barefoot Contessa. It is an amazing dish and you forget that it is made from cauliflower.

Thank you Rosyrain. I checked it out and it seems easy enough. The only thing I don't have on hand is the Gruyere. I suppose I could improvise with some other cheese. Knowing the way I operate, should I try it anytime soon, I'll be sure to tamper with the recipe just a bit. For those who might be interested I am leaving the link for you. I'll be checking Ina a lot more Rosyrain.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/cauliflower-gratin-recipe.html

She makes some good food. I would splurge and go for the gruyere cheese as this dish is fantastic. It is a little expensive, but worth it. I like to go to Trader Joes because their cheese is house brand and so you don't have to pay for the brand names and the manufacturers. I am not sure if this store is located where you are.

Back
Top Bottom