Recipe Dessert Ravioli ( Ravioli di Lina & Maria Fischetti)

Francesca

Local time
1:30 AM
SWEETRAVIOLI20140726_152459.jpg
Dessert Ravioli with Chestnut & Chocolate Ganache Filling ..

The Fischetti sisters, Lina & Maria, whom are the owners of their traditional Italian Naples, Campania, family venue, have quite a repertoire of desserts dating back generations. This is one of them.

Photo Credit: The Fischetti Sisters.

For the Ravioli:
300 grams of Bio or Organic Zero Zero Flour
50 grams of French butter or French style butter
50 grams of Confectioners sugar or Caster sugar
2 eggs: Medium Size Bio / organic
1 small mandarine or Tangerine ( for zest )
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
60m Bio Substainable Milk ( or organic )
3 Tblsps. + of Sweet Bio Evoo for sauté-ing
For dusting: Confectioners sugar

For the Filling:

400 grams of peeled chestnuts
100 grams of black chocolate ( for a " Bano Maria - to melt into a thick chocolate sauce )
Approx. 50 grams of Honey
2 Soup Spoons of Bio Heavy Cream
5 grams of Bio Flour for work Surface
For garnish: Hazelnuts or Walnuts or Almonds Crumbled
Zest of another Mandarine or Tangerine or Clementine
1 Snifter of: Cuban Golden Rum or Orange Liquor ( Grand Marnier or choice or Brandy )
Butter ( 45 grams )

Part 1)

1) For the filling: Place the cream, the zest, the liquor in a médium sized sauce pan and heat until simmering .. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter.

2) Take the peeled chestnuts and place them in a Sifter .. Do the same with the Room Temperature chocolate ..

3) Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl on top of a saucepan of gently simmering wáter. When it is melted, add the cream mixture and the chestnuts which have been puréed in a food processor with the other ingredients ( in number 1 ) ..

4) Now, transfer both the Melted chocolate & puréed chestnut combined mixture into a large glass bowl and add the honey. Let sit ..

Part 2) The Ravioli

1) To prepare the ravioli, take the flour, the sugar and zest and vanilla and place all in a food processor. Gradually add the milk and then form a spherical or ball shape .. Remove from the food processor and with your hands, you shall begin to knead the dough. ( 5 Minutes ) and wrap the dough ball in plastic wrap ..

2) Now, divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Using a Rolling pin or a Pasta Machine, roll each ball until you have 4 sheets of pasta dough and to prevent sticking, dust with extra flour.

3) With a large pastry cutter or cookie cutter, emboss circles from the pasta dough, and put a generous spoonful of the chestnut and chocolate "ganache " into the center of each circle.

4) I brush the edges of the dough with a Little bit of Sparkling wáter and I seal and fold over to make a neat semi circular "dome pocket". Then with a fork, I press down the edges on all sides, to créate a border so that the ganache does not seep out ..

5) Quintessential Advice: place the ravioli on a floured baking tray while working ..

6) Once all the ravioli are prepared, pour some Italian or Spanish or Napa Valley Fruity Evoo in a large skillet ..

7) Heat the Evoo to lower simmer ..

8) Gently and very carefully, lower the uncooked ravioli into the hot oil and sauté until Golden on each side ..

9) With a slotted spoon, take out the ravioli and drain the Evoo on a tray or large plate, lined with Absorbent Kitchen Towelling ..

10) Now drizzle the ravioli with the honey and some zest and hazelnut crumbs or walnut crumbs or almond crumbs ..

Place a piece of lengthwise match stick zest slices on each one ..

Does it make a difference if we don't use Bio or Organic products?
Shouldn't think so - its a matter of choice isn't it. But I presume in the original recipe then that was what was used in the restaurant. Personally I don't bother with organic produce unless I stumble across something which tastes better. Here the organic produce tends to be more expensive - although, it is so popular that I think the price gap is closing.

Shouldn't think so - its a matter of choice isn't it. But I presume in the original recipe then that was what was used in the restaurant. Personally I don't bother with organic produce unless I stumble across something which tastes better. Here the organic produce tends to be more expensive - although, it is so popular that I think the price gap is closing.
Expensive here too. The price gap is closing a bit but not much.
The stores here sell both regular and organic bananas. The funny part is the organic bananas are all in plastic bags. I find that odd.

@ Morning Glory,

In the Mediterranean, the Word Bio or Substainable ( sostenible) does not mean the same thing as "Organic" ..

Organic = government regulated to sell under organic product laws.

Bio or Substainable = denotes, 100% Natural, grown on natural agricultural lands that do not employ toxic insecticides or pesticides and do not grow "gmos" or faux chemical created laboratory seeded products .. All is natural as in times of antiguity ..

Have a lovely day ..

Expensive here too. The price gap is closing a bit but not much.
The stores here sell both regular and organic bananas. The funny part is the organic bananas are all in plastic bags. I find that odd.
c

@Cinisajoy

These bananas in plastic bags are no longer organic in my opinión. It could be considered unusual ..

I only buy fresh fruit and vegetables at the Central Market where alL is packaged in paper bags or special paper or paper bags or we also have new bags now, which are made from "potato skins" as there are new laws regarding plastic bags here .. The Government of Spain ( National Government ) and the Government of Cataluna, have agreed upon this change from Plastic Toxic Bags in markets and shops to the Potato skin bags .. Also Cataluna´s 3 main provinces are Sea Front .. plus the 4 Balearic Islands.

Last edited:
@ Morning Glory,

In the Mediterranean, the Word Bio or Substainable ( sostenible) does not mean the same thing as "Organic" ..

Organic = government regulated to sell under organic product laws.

Bio or Substainable = denotes, 100% Natural, grown on natural agricultural lands that do not employ toxic insecticides or pesticides and do not grow "gmos" or faux chemical created laboratory seeded products .. All is natural as in times of antiguity ..

Have a lovely day ..

I know - was short handing. Perhaps someone needs to start a new thread about bio, sustainable and organic produce. We don't want to hijack this thread!

View attachment 8397 Dessert Ravioli with Chestnut & Chocolate Ganache Filling ..

The Fischetti sisters, Lina & Maria, whom are the owners of their traditional Italian Naples, Campania, family venue, have quite a repertoire of desserts dating back generations. This is one of them.

Photo Credit: The Fischetti Sisters.

For the Ravioli:
300 grams of Bio or Organic Zero Zero Flour
50 grams of French butter or French style butter
50 grams of Confectioners sugar or Caster sugar
2 eggs: Medium Size Bio / organic
1 small mandarine or Tangerine ( for zest )
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
60m Bio Substainable Milk ( or organic )
3 Tblsps. + of Sweet Bio Evoo for sauté-ing
For dusting: Confectioners sugar

For the Filling:

400 grams of peeled chestnuts
100 grams of black chocolate ( for a " Bano Maria - to melt into a thick chocolate sauce )
Approx. 50 grams of Honey
2 Soup Spoons of Bio Heavy Cream
5 grams of Bio Flour for work Surface
For garnish: Hazelnuts or Walnuts or Almonds Crumbled
Zest of another Mandarine or Tangerine or Clementine
1 Snifter of: Cuban Golden Rum or Orange Liquor ( Grand Marnier or choice or Brandy )
Butter ( 45 grams )

Part 1)

1) For the filling: Place the cream, the zest, the liquor in a médium sized sauce pan and heat until simmering .. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter.

2) Take the peeled chestnuts and place them in a Sifter .. Do the same with the Room Temperature chocolate ..

3) Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl on top of a saucepan of gently simmering wáter. When it is melted, add the cream mixture and the chestnuts which have been puréed in a food processor with the other ingredients ( in number 1 ) ..

4) Now, transfer both the Melted chocolate & puréed chestnut combined mixture into a large glass bowl and add the honey. Let sit ..

Part 2) The Ravioli

1) To prepare the ravioli, take the flour, the sugar and zest and vanilla and place all in a food processor. Gradually add the milk and then form a spherical or ball shape .. Remove from the food processor and with your hands, you shall begin to knead the dough. ( 5 Minutes ) and wrap the dough ball in plastic wrap ..

2) Now, divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Using a Rolling pin or a Pasta Machine, roll each ball until you have 4 sheets of pasta dough and to prevent sticking, dust with extra flour.

3) With a large pastry cutter or cookie cutter, emboss circles from the pasta dough, and put a generous spoonful of the chestnut and chocolate "ganache " into the center of each circle.

4) I brush the edges of the dough with a Little bit of Sparkling wáter and I seal and fold over to make a neat semi circular "dome pocket". Then with a fork, I press down the edges on all sides, to créate a border so that the ganache does not seep out ..

5) Quintessential Advice: place the ravioli on a floured baking tray while working ..

6) Once all the ravioli are prepared, pour some Italian or Spanish or Napa Valley Fruity Evoo in a large skillet ..

7) Heat the Evoo to lower simmer ..

8) Gently and very carefully, lower the uncooked ravioli into the hot oil and sauté until Golden on each side ..

9) With a slotted spoon, take out the ravioli and drain the Evoo on a tray or large plate, lined with Absorbent Kitchen Towelling ..

10) Now drizzle the ravioli with the honey and some zest and hazelnut crumbs or walnut crumbs or almond crumbs ..

Place a piece of lengthwise match stick zest slices on each one ..
Sounds amazing. Remind me what evoo is please?

Back
Top Bottom