Did you hear the latest about Kraft Macaconi & Cheese? No More yellow dye!

zandi

Veteran
Local time
7:16 PM
Good news, indeed. It may take some getting use to for some children; nevertheless, it was totally unnecessary to add this yellow dye in the first place! Plans to market the dye-less macaroni and cheese begins January 2016! As others mention, hopefully this is the first of many products that take out some of these unnecessary ingredients! I wonder how long it will take the store brand versions to follow suit and offer the product without dye, too?

If want to read one of the write ups on this "breaking news" or you can Google. :happy:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...heese-artificial-preservatives-dyes/26073081/

I don't care too much for that anyway.
I USED to buy & use it. Not now. The cheesy taste seems to disappear the next day if there is any left over, and it gets very dry also. :yuck::stop:

That's news to me indeed. It's kinda sad to see the usual mac & cheese we love without a bright yellow color but I guess this is for the better? I do agree with Shermie with what he said about the cheesy taste disappearing the next day as well as it being dry. But it's still something I buy once or twice every two months either because I'm craving something cheesy or I just wanna eat it again because it is quite yummy when newly cooked.

I'm always impressed when a company does something that consumers are asking for - I think there's been a turn towards more natural eating, and there definitely is a push for things without artificial colors. I've heard of Trix cereal (which is usually very brightly colored - basically neon cereal balls) planning to remove the fake coloring from their products too.

There's a recall by Kraft because of a choking hazard.

I didn't realise we could buy this in the UK but I've discovered that Tesco's sell it. The ingredients are:

Ingredients:
Enriched Macaroni pasta Shell (97.25) Unbleached Wheat Flour**, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin B1 & Vitamin B2, Cheese Sauce Mix (2.75%) Whey Powder, Milk Fat**, Milk Protein Concentrate**, Sodium Tripoliphosphate, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Sodium Phosphate, Calcium Phosphate, Artificial Colours, Tratrazine (E102)*** & Sunset Yellow (E110)****, **May have adverse effect on activity and attention in children

So no natural colours here....:(

I didn't realise we could buy this in the UK but I've discovered that Tesco's sell it. The ingredients are:

Ingredients:
Enriched Macaroni pasta Shell (97.25) Unbleached Wheat Flour**, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin B1 & Vitamin B2, Cheese Sauce Mix (2.75%) Whey Powder, Milk Fat**, Milk Protein Concentrate**, Sodium Tripoliphosphate, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Sodium Phosphate, Calcium Phosphate, Artificial Colours, Tratrazine (E102)*** & Sunset Yellow (E110)****, **May have adverse effect on activity and attention in children

So no natural colours here....:(
Why the American spelling of sulphate?

Ask next time you go.

Why the American spelling of sulphate?

Ask next time you go.

You should know by now, that I don't go to Tesco's. They come to me via on-line delivery. I expect the spelling is because Kraft is an American company and they haven't changed the label for sale here. The packet on sale looks identical to American packets so it is probably just an import.

Kraft have recently merged with Heinz, to form Kraft Heinz Company. Somehow, Kraft Heinz Baked beans doesn't have the same ring to it...

You should know by now, that I don't go to Tesco's. They come to me via on-line delivery. I expect the spelling is because Kraft is an American company and they haven't changed the label for sale here. The packet on sale looks identical to American packets so it is probably just an import.

Kraft have recently merged with Heinz, to form Kraft Heinz Company. Somehow, Kraft Heinz Baked beans doesn't have the same ring to it...
Own HP as well

Back
Top Bottom