Diet drinks even worse than full sugar versions

epicuric

Legendary Member
Local time
4:40 AM
Business Insider reports on studies showing the devastating effects on the body of regular consumption of diet drinks. Most people have wakened up to the fact that sugar laden fizzy drinks are a significant contributor to the worlds obesity problems, but how many still take refuge in the low sugar 'diet' alternatives?

Read about the effects such drinks have on the body's metabolism:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/is-drinking-diet-soda-unhealthy-2018-8

Swings and roundabouts really - both the sugary ones and the sugar substitute ones are 'bad' in some way. But at the end of day, the alternative is to only drink water and possibly tea and coffee. Fruit juice is packed full of sugar, rots kids teeth and will also cause weight gain.

You can't really win!

Drink more booze. :cheers::rolleyes:

I noticed that some stores greatly increased the price of soda recently.

I guess "someone" is trying to save us from ourselves again.

On the News recently, I heard that eating low carb will shorten our lives. Really? What next!

Last edited:
Lol. Thank you.

I watched a show yesterday about Hugh Hefner (Playboy). He drank soda all day long (later switched to diet soda), ate fried chicken, biscuits and gravy, pork chops, smoked a pipe, and lived till 91 years old.

Drink more booze. :cheers::rolleyes:

I noticed that some stores greatly increased the price of soda recently.

I guess "someone" is trying to save us from ourselves again.

On the News recently, I heard that eating low carb will shorten our lives. Really? What next!

Breathing air!:rolleyes:

This will sound weird but i had some dental work done and thereafter nuetrasweet drinks hurt my teeth. The fill sugared one are fine but i can't do the diet ones with nuetrasweet.

Back
Top Bottom