Disability kitchen aids

rubydust

Veteran
Local time
3:14 AM
Luckily, I don't get arthritis flare ups very often. They usually only come along every few months and last for a couple of weeks. Every time I have a flare up, I think I must get round to researching kitchen aids, as my wrist becomes very painful, rendering the hand pretty much useless. All the things I normally do in the kitchen without a second thought, become challenging, such as opening a can, turning on a tap, lifting pans and oven trays. Even holding utensils can be difficult.

So I'm wondering if anyone uses or knows of any good disability kitchen aids?

I have a dodgy left wrist which leaves my left hand unable to grip this properly and have found a variety of lid grippers and bottle top grippers quite useful. Just Google those phrases.

These are what/similar to side that both my (late) grannie and I both use/used. She suffered from rheumatoid arthritis very badly.

product-image-large.png Bottle Cap Opener.jpg ZT_PLA1040.jpg 180200330.jpg

And for tin can ring pulls... Or use an electric can opener on the bottom of the can!

233x233_Tin Opener Ring Pull.jpg mLJ0-9FghbkUBD2nInRtbXA.jpg

I use this jar opener for everything, I'm not sure if it's design is helpful specifically for arthritis but it does open almost any jar with minimal effort.

2009_06_11_14_53_45__13_NC28199-combo_MD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom