Dishes & Ingredients You Dislike

Jade

Veteran
Local time
10:34 AM
I know that it's best to be open and adventurous when it comes to food, and I do try to be so as much as possible, but there are just some dishes and ingredients that I can't bring myself to like or sometimes even try. One that I have the most trouble trying is oysters. Just looking at them puts me off, and I'm sure there is a lot I am missing, but I just can't get over the fact that it looks slimy.

How about you guys, any ingredients or dishes you have trouble trying out or liking?

I don't like oysters, either! They make me feel... weird. I really don't like seafood at all. Shrimp grosses me out, as well as sushi. I don't like mushrooms, either, unless I can't taste them. They taste really gross to me!

There are quite a few things I do not like. I don't like any offal because of the texture. Strangely though, I do like pate which is made from liver. I also do not like scallops. I like the idea of them and when I see dishes cooked on the television it makes my mouth water. However, they remind me of fishy tasting marshmallows.

I really hate dishes that are drenched in oil. For example, french fries which were deep fried the wrong way and are all soaking with the oil they were fried in. I just cannot stand that oily taste.

I hate seafood. Any type of seafood will send me running! I also dislike flan. I don't know if it's the texture or what, but I find it disgusting. Jell-O is right up there on my list of things I hate. It's the worst when the Jell-O gets that weird plastic film on the sides from bowl. GROSS. I also really don't like lasagna because of the ricotta cheese. It's weird because I only enjoy ricotta cheese when it's in cannoli. I guess because it's sweetened? Now that I think about it, I guess I'm pretty picky, lol. I'm really funny about chicken and always have been. If something tastes too gamey, I feel like throwing up so I stay away from cornish hen and lamb. Yuck!

Back
Top Bottom