Do you add milk to your tea or coffee?

Local time
4:03 PM
I have never taken tea or coffee without milk. I have heard some of my friends say that they prefer their coffee or tea without milk. I cannot imagine how that would taste, but I guess I could try it some time and see what it is like. I have tried taking my tea with less sugar than I used to, so maybe in time, I could cut down on the milk gradually and see how it goes. It is hard to break old habits though.

The milk usually disguises the flavor, which I guess is fine if you're a fan of milk and just want a bit of coffee and tea to give the milk a little more interesting flavor. That's fine, I'm a fan of milk myself.

But when it comes to teas, I can also drink them on their own. It's sort of like fruit juice, except from another part of a plant. The real flavor comes out, provided that you didn't steep it too much (that makes the tannin come out of some teas, and make it taste too bitter--which is why you'd need sugar!) I like green tea, green tea with milk, black tea, black tea with lemon, and all sorts of flowery or dried fruit teas or combinations of them.

Some fast-food, well, fast-drink technically--places where I live, have milk tea or milk coffee with pudding, jelly, or tapioca/sago pearls. It's a whole dessert of its own, so they give people extra wide straws in order to get everything. Yum!

When I used to drink milk, my coffee would be at least 1/4 milk but without sugar, unless I was out mountaineering in which case it was black with sugar.
Once I became allergic to milk, I went to black coffee with sugar or a soya latte with loads of sugar (soya milk in coffee shops is unsweetened and needs much more sugar for my taste!). I have never drunk 'standard' tea, but fruit teas are plain, as is without sugar.

As far as drip coffee goes, I like it black but I do love espresso with milk (like in a latte).

Occasionally, I'll put milk in my chai tea, but aside from that, no I don't.

I usually have straight black coffee and tea without any added milk. However, since I learned to make Chai Latte at home I've been loving more and more to add some milk to my tea. As for coffee, I still prefer it black and as strong as possible!

Being in the south in the US, I prefer my tea cold with ice. So, I don't use either. The question tho made me smile as it reminded me of the line from The DaVinci Code, asking which to go in tea, milk or lemon, and the answer being well that would depend upon the tea. lol.

I agree with The DaVinci Code. It would depend upon the tea. I normally don't put milk with my herbal teas but I do, sometimes, in my black teas. Coffee usually gets milk. Both get sugar. I love it sweet and strong.

I drink black tea 95% of the time and have only used milk in my tea once or twice, we were at a British pub and they brought milk with my tea so I figured I would try it. I didn't care for it and will definitely stick with my lemon. On the rare occasion I have coffee I do add a little milk or cream to it.

I use creamer but not milk for my coffee, no way could I stand coffee black. With my tea I generally only drink herbal but I do love the decaf chai tea. With that I do have milk in it, it really enhances the flavor.

I only put honey into my tea and I don't put anything into my coffee. I have tried milk in tea and coffee but I didn't really like it at all. I prefer honey by far for tea, because it sweetens it without falling to the ground instantly like sugar does and I don't really know why people put milk and sugar into their coffee, I don't drink it because of it's taste but rather to stay awake longer.

I put honey in my tea and nothing else. I usually drink fruity teas, so I don't think it would hurt the flavor too bad. I just can't really picture the taste. I do put it in my coffee, though I do like the flavored creamers. But I generally don't have those available. I only drink coffee really at my friends house because they just have creamer or milk. But I've always have drank it that way.

Back
Top Bottom