Do you always have eggs, milk and cheese on hand?

pafjlh

Local time
6:48 PM
I have to ask this question because it seems in my home these are three food items we try never to be without. We always make sure that we stock up on eggs, milk and cheese. Yes when it comes to cooking all three of these can be essential. Eggs are used much in baking and so can milk. Cheese is also used in a whole lot of dishes such as casseroles, and Mexican type meals. Milk is also a beverage that is drank a whole lot in my home, and eggs are of course a breakfast food.

So, around my house we tend to always make sure that these three items are on hand. So, wanted to ask are eggs, milk and cheese as essential to all of you as well.

I was not a big egg fan because of all the conflicting stories about their benefits over the years. The same could be said of cheese and milk. With that said, I am like you. I always have these on hand. Always.

My husband got hooked on the eggs some time ago and ever since that time he has been making sure the crates are never empty. Now I am doing some more baking I am right there with him. I have always been a cheese lover and even if I am not eating it , it must be there. The milk isn't used as much but again it is something I like to have around in case there is a need. I am right there with you with these items.

Eggs, yes and usually ducks eggs because we have a free supply of them.
Milk in the dairy form, no never. Guests are warned and if they want it, they bring it, but it have never yet had a guest bring any. I've am allergic to it, as in anaphylactic shock, not intolerant to it and am not prepared to have it in the house. The same applies to cheese. Instead we have a good supply of almond milk (and can switch to a nut free milk if needed if a guest is allergic to nuts (i was in hospital less than 2 weeks ago and one of the nurses there was severely allergic to nuts, so I simply switched to oat milk whilst she was on duty and avoided all nuts for the 2 hours prior to her coming onto shift, she was in turn kind enough to let me know her shift patterns so the last 4 days of my stay in hospital I was able to return to almond milk because she was off duty during that time and needed the extra protein, fat and calories from the nut milks and nuts in general to help my body heal).)

Eggs, cheese and milk are staples, but I never have these on hand. I don't eat eggs and have given up on cheese. I only buy milk when I need it in a recipe. I usually drink almond milk, but will use the real deal if a recipe calls for it. I make banana pudding for the holidays. I use real milk for that. I tried to make it with almond milk, but it was too thin. I haven't taken the time to figure out how much almond milk to use since I only make it twice a year.

Eggs are a basic as you can make a meal from them without anything else. I have a lactose intolerance, so I have soya mile in the house which is long life. They are always things I never run out of and don't like only having one egg left in the house. I don't eat cheese anymore unless it is on a pizza, I can only have small amounts, every now and then. I miss a grilled cheese, I can eat one, but will get bloated.

We absolutely always have these staples on hand. I usually have no less than two dozen eggs, 2 gallons of whole milk and a wide variety of cheeses. We use at least one of these ingredients, and usually all three of them on a daily basis.

It is imperative that these are at hand at all times in our household. These three plus bread are our staples in the kitchen. We like to keep a few different types of cheese on hand at all times. Worst case we will only have a parmigiano reggiano, but I definitely need cheese every day.

Our staple items are Eggs, VeggEgg, Rice, Quinoa, Chia seeds, Assorted dry beans, Garlic, Nutritional yeast, Coconut Water, Almond Milk, Oatmeal, Jarred tomato sauce, Frozen Vegetables and Frozen Fruit. Green tea These are items we always have on hand. Also I make sure to always have beets on hand, fresh, frozen or produce packaged precooked lovebeets.

I always have cheese as it is the only form of raw dairy I have access to. Sometimes I buy milk but I dintblikf it that much. I eat eggs sporadically. For some reason I will eat an egg every day for s while and then all of a sudden they don't sound good at all for a long time.

I like to have eggs, milk and butter on hand, especially milk and butter. I use both milk and butter on a daily basis. All of my beverages like tea, chocolate drinks, and coffee, have to have added milk. When we run out of eggs we would do without them for a couple days, but for the most part, I like to have them handy, especially for breakfast. Cheese is something I would buy regularly, but I do not always have it on hand. It is a fairly pricey item in my country also. I especially like to use it for making a sandwich.

I don't really like eggs and I don't drink animal milk, so I'd have to say no, these are not essential to me or my kitchen. Cheese, on the other hand, is something I just can't live without, lol. I tell people that my three food groups are cheese, chocolate, and wine. If I'm cooking something that calls for milk, which is rare, I usually try and find a substitute.

I keep all three on hand all of the time. We do not eat eggs very often as they are, but rather use them as an ingredient for cooking and baking. I go through about 3 gallons of milk a week, and I am experimenting with different cheeses at the moment. We ALWAYS have a brick of cheddar on hand, and now I am looking to find other cheeses we can use just as frequently.

I always have cheese. I'm a cheese fanatic. Sadly, can not eat it by the pound like I really would like to if it lest people would have to wheel barrel me around town. Milk? When I was growing up was always around the house. Nowadays? Not so much. I like a good almond milk as a substitute. Eggs? Yes, I love them & their versatile. When in a jam: Eggs.

We must keep eggs, milk, cereal and peanut butter, jelly and bread in the house at all times. When these items are in the house everyone has something to eat, even if it is just a bowl of cereal.

Back
Top Bottom