Do you avoid GMO foods?

Catty

Veteran
Local time
12:58 PM
I do everything I can to avoid GMO foods. A good percentage of what we eat comes from our garden, or is certified non GMO or organic. Beef is grass fed and Chickens are fed organic scraps (I get these directly from a CSA farmer) I only buy wild caught fish, nothing from a fish farm.

My mom is actually the one who made us aware of GMO foods, so ever since that, we've avoided it as a family. It's practically fake food! There's everything wrong about it!

Yes, I understand it might be hard to stop eating GMO food (especially if you love KFC, which has gentically-modified chicken), but think about what you put in your mouth.

You are what you eat, so don't eat fake.

Yes! As much as i could I avoid them. There is this documentary film that I watched and it really changed me the way how I see GMO produced. Although, at some parts of that documentary I am highly skeptical, I still choose to follow their implicit suggestion of not taking them.

It is very risky to eat GMO foods because health is what we are talking here and as much as possible we just want the best things for ourselves to be healthy.

The whole idea of genetic modification is not popular in Europe. In Britain all foods made with GM ingredients must state this clearly on the label.

My fear is for the long term effect on wildlife and the impact of GMO farming on the natural environment. Some research has shown that it can have an bad affect on the natural food chain.

I don't object to it on health grounds. I don't know that it is unhealthy, but I will never support it and will avoid anything that has been genetically modified.

Eating organically or food with no GMO makes a big difference in how you feel. I worked on an organic farm that was non GMO and had been organic since the late '60's. All I can say is the produce is so much better than anything I ever ate and I couldn't get enough of it!

I wont eat GMO if I can possibly avoid it. I wont eat anything that a large corporation tries to force people to eat by lobbying government officials and who use bully boy tactics with farmers who refuse to grow they're product. In america if GM wheat seeds have blown onto a neighbouring farmers land the GMO growing corporation have tried to sue the farmer for what they call stealing of the seed, even though in effect the GMO corporations wheat has contaminated the farmers fields. The corporation have sued, because the farmers wanted compensation because of the GMO seeds contamination.

I won't eat GMO produdts on principal. There have been farmers who claim that although GMO wheat seeds seem to be resistent to pests and diseases at first and the farmers growing it don't have to use anywhere near as much pedticides for the first couple of years, soon find that the effectiveness soon wears off, and they have to start spraying they're crops with pesticides. Within a few years, they are having to spray they're crops with just as much and as many chemicals as they did with ordinary wheat that they had before Gm wheat came into existence. Have a look on you tube and judge for yourselves. I say no to any GM products ever.

I avoid them whenever possible, it is not a good thing to be consuming them at all. You really hit it right on the head welsh dragon, the big chemical corporations have been selling the consumer poisoned food when you get right down to it.

I do try and avoid it but I admit that I'm just playing it safe because I haven't really research it enough to know the reason why I avoid it. I'm sure that if it gets to market then it is safe, but I just choose to not risk it and get my food in as traditional of a way as possible because it's not like they aren't good enough anyway.

Back
Top Bottom