Do you Brits "wash" your teapots?

caseydog

Local time
5:17 PM
I bought a restaurant grade stainless steel teapot in England many years ago, and was told not to wash the inside with soap and water. They said to just give it a good rinse with fresh water.

So, I've been doing that for what must be 25 years. I keep the outside nice and shiny, but just rinse the inside after having my tea. The inside has a rich brown patina that I was told makes better tea.

So, just thought I'd see what you Brits (and other big tea drinkers) think about that.

CD

I bought a restaurant grade stainless steel teapot in England many years ago, and was told not to wash the inside with soap and water. They said to just give it a good rinse with fresh water.

So, I've been doing that for what must be 25 years. I keep the outside nice and shiny, but just rinse the inside after having my tea. The inside has a rich brown patina that I was told makes better tea.

So, just thought I'd see what you Brits (and other big tea drinkers) think about that.

CD

I was raised with a teapot, mum always did a teaspoon for every person, and "one for the pot"
Let to sit for a few minutes to draw. I've only started drinking tea in last 10? Years. I'm a jug man,and two tea bags . No teapots around here. And a biscuit every now and then.

Russ

CD
Not heard that before. Ours just goes in the dishwasher, but it's ceramic, not stainless steel. Am now pondering on the irony of a 'stainless' steel teapot with a rich brown stain on the inside. :scratchhead:

Not heard that before. Ours just goes in the dishwasher, but it's ceramic, not stainless steel. Am now pondering on the irony of a 'stainless' steel teapot with a rich brown stain on the inside. :scratchhead:

Technically, it would be a coating, not a stain.

CD

What...The Actual...F<bleepy>K?!?!

That reminds me of Paula Deen's "recipe" for English peas:

1. Dump a can of peas in a saucepan
2. Heat
3. Drain
4. Add butter

English peas, Guv'nah! :laugh:

I'm going to have to try and find it, but there's a several-years-old video of a British fellow, drunk off his backside, showing " 'ow to make a proppa cuppa," - he sounds a little like Paul Whitehouse and the most memorable line is, "I'd rather someone shag my bird than make me a bad cuppa!" :laugh:

What...The Actual...F<bleepy>K?!?!

That reminds me of Paula Deen's "recipe" for English peas:

1. Dump a can of peas in a saucepan
2. Heat
3. Drain
4. Add butter

English peas, Guv'nah! :laugh:

I'm going to have to try and find it, but there's a several-years-old video of a British fellow, drunk off his backside, showing " 'ow to make a proppa cuppa," - he sounds a little like Paul Whitehouse and the most memorable line is, "I'd rather someone shag my bird than make me a bad cuppa!" :laugh:

Brilliant.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom