Do You Cook Large Batches of Food?

thank you.
Recovery is going to take many months sadly, if full recovery can even happen at all. I am hoping to be good enough to restart making sourdough bread before I run out in the freezer!

I hope it is 100%. If not, you will be the best you can be, I have no doubt. Keep your eye on the prize, you can't run out of sourdough! :soup::)

I very rarely cook batches - probably because I like cooking every day and don't really want to just reach in the freezer and reheat something. But I have, recently, been freezing cooked Yorkshire Puddings (I usually make 8 at a time and there are usually 3 or 4 left over). They freeze surprisingly well and can just be re-heated in a hot oven for 4 - 5 minutes.

I used to cook large amounts on Sundays but not so much now. I find I don't have the freezing thing covered and my son especially does not like food after the second day. Once I get a better handle on the freezing I might get back to cooking big. In the meantime I would like to get more organise and prepare quick meals before hand.

I do cook large batches of food, especially if there is a certain ingredient which was on offer or in the "reduced to clear" section of the supermarket. It's usually something along the lines of chilli or Bolognese sauce and I'll take what I need for that nights meal, divide the rest into single portions and freeze it. I do sace quite a bit of money on my grocery bills by doing this.

I usually cook large batches of food because I cook for my family. There are many of us, so cooking small batches isn't really ideal. What's more I learned from my mom that cooking in large batches is cheaper because the left-over can be eaten for breakfast with fried rice. :)

I don't like cooking in large batches simply because all the food won't be finished and I'd have so much leftovers that I'd have to reheat. I don't like reheating my food because sometimes the taste and texture isn't the same anymore. That's why I cook just enough for me or the people I'm with to finish in that meal.

I avoid cooking in large batches. I know cooking in large batches saves a lot of time but I like the taste of newly cooked food better.

Back
Top Bottom