Do you eat crab?

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
5:57 AM
I love fresh crab but I don't get to eat it often, does anyone else eat crab?, l've never cooked it and I think l'll leave that to the experts as I think cooking them while there alive is a bit rough.

I haven't had crab for a few years. I do like it though.

I have never tried cooking it myself as my Dad does a wonderful dressed crab, Chinese style, with ginger and spring onions. I must learn how he does it.

Same here, long time not eating crab, but I used to eat them on a regular basis when I was enthusiast of the Chinese and Japanese cuisines.

Not sure why I stopped eating crab, but you recalled me how tasty it is :p

I love crab. I have never made it at home, because I don't want to mess it up. Fresh crab, crab cakes, crab stuffed mushrooms.... Just any way you can fix it. I am allergic to imitation crab and must ask anytime we go anywhere that serves crab. ( I can't believe places would even serve imitation crab, but they do). I am always willing to try new recipes. Maybe I can actually try to make some at home sometime!

I like crab, but I don't get a lot of chances to eat it. The first time I had some was when I went to Red Lobster and it was awesome. My sister decided to make some herself and it wasn't that good. She overcooked it and it tasted rubbery.

I love crab! But I don't get too it too often like beef or chicken. On special occasions usually, or when we're eating out. It's great for making salads at home, crab cakes or even just boil them on their own. Very flavorful!

I've only had it in sushi! I know crab cakes and crab dip are always pretty popular, though so I've been tempted to try and make one of those!

It's quite good but I eat it rarely. It's used quite a lot in Chinese cuisine so when I go out to get some Chinese I usually go for either a crab or a shrimp starter.

I am thinking about getting me some crab and making some. I just have to wait for the right time.

I love seafood. Crabs, shrimp, lobster... all of it. I guess I'm really lucky to be in a place where fresh seafood is always available.

Oh my goodness, I love fresh crab so much. I wish I lived near the sea because I would literally be popping in every week for a crab haha. My dream is to live somewhere I can get fresh seafood every day. It's my favourite type of food.

I love seafood, be it fish, prawns, lobsters, cuttlefish, crabs… yummy yummy :happy:

And fresh crabs its somewhere at the very top of that long list and if its fresh, just boiling it with a sprinkle of salt & crushed lemongrass is enough to make me one very happy camper lol. but if given the choice, i love my crab cooked with lotsa chilli (the small, lethally hot, bird's eye variety)

CrabsSpicy.png

I love fresh crab but I don't get to eat it often, does anyone else eat crab?, l've never cooked it and I think l'll leave that to the experts as I think cooking them while there alive is a bit rough.

Snow crab is one of my favorite foods and love them with shell on. The way I eat them is by boiling (seafood boil). All you have to do is purchase a box of snow/king crabs, rinse off and throw in a pot of cajun seasoned boiling water. Boil until seasoned, take out and eat! Voila!

My husband loves crab! I encourage him to order it whenever we go out to dinner because I can not make it for him. Unfortuantely, I am very allergic and get terribly sick. I have tried making it for him in the past, but I had a horrible reaction.
I first learned I was allergic when my mother-in-law made a chip dip that contained crab. I had never had crab before and wanted to try her dip. I ate a good amount and immediately my face swelled up and I got sick. I will spare you all of the details, but trust me when I say it was awful and I was incredibly sick!
I wasn't sure it was the crab, I thought it may have been some of the other ingredients in her dip. So, the next time I went to a Seafood resturaunt, I tried a small bite of my husband's snow crab. Again, I got very sick.
Now adays, he orders crab on occassion when we go out and I think it smells wonderful, but I just can't have it. :(
He likes to have crab with a side of steamed broccoli and a bed of rice. I always think it looks wonderful! It looks very colorful and smells great!

I really enjoy crab! I tried it the first time a couple of years ago, and wasn't sure how I would like it. But it's actually very nice, it tastes mild, the meat is really white and tasty, and the best part is it has no fat, it's really lean.I think it's a great option for protein.

Back
Top Bottom