Do you ever want a break from cooking?

I hope your back feels better soon. I feel for anyone with serious back problems. Speaking of which, I need to get to physical therapy. I was just trying to decide what to thaw out for dinner. I might just make some soup, since today feels like one of those "don't much feel like cooking" days. Besides, it's cold. Soup is always good when it's cold out.

There are times that I need a break from cooking and I have a couple of different ways to get this accomplished. My husband is a good cook and so he will step up to the plate sometimes and give me some help. When we are both tired and need a break, I try to keep some ready made meals in the freezer, so that we have a go to option. All we have to do is reheat the meal and dinner is done. I am thankful that Thanksgiving was yesterday and we have a ton of leftovers...I will not need to make dinner for a couple of days!

Sometimes I think I do, and then I get cranky because no one seems to be cooking the way that pleases me. Today is a fine example.

I announced early that I was not cooking. That being the case, my husband would handle that responsibility. Before you knew it I was in the kitchen trying to direct things. Naturally, there was a little fight of words and I ended up preparing a little bit of this and that. He did the bulk of the cooking and now I am here regretting I did not prepare everything as is mostly the case.

Mind you my body needs a break. I am exhausted. Do you ever want a break from cooking?
Yes I do and sometimes I get one on the weekends, but for the most part I don't get a break. We are on a vegan diet and we don't always have the options that we prefer, and when we do it still doesn't taste as good as the home cooked version.

Yes I do and sometimes I get one on the weekends, but for the most part I don't get a break. We are on a vegan diet and we don't always have the options that we prefer, and when we do it still doesn't taste as good as the home cooked version.

I am hoping for a break this weekend but I doubt it's going to happen. I had two days off from work and was hoping to rest but ended up cooking every day and spending way too much time in the kitchen.

For weeks I have been thinking and talking about the vegan diet and want to try something but don't have all the necessary ingredients. I want to go to the supermarket to compare prices which I never do but the prices I saw in the health shop really frightened me.

We cooked for Christmas and took a 3 day long break after that. On Friday we ate leftovers and the last 2 nights we have eaten take out. There is something about cooking a largescale meal that turns me off to cooking for a few days after. It is a bad habit to get into, but what do you do?

Sadly I am currently getting that break and it is most unwanted. Please, hands and knees grovel, can I be well enough (aka be able to physically stand or sit) long enough to be able to prepare just 1 meal in the kitchen in the new future?

I am very lucky because I can take a break whenever I want. My boyfriend and I cook both lunch and dinner together but on those rare times I am not up to it, it is easy for him to take over and it doesn't bother him. I really hit the jackpot!

No, I don't want a break from cooking. I want the opposite, more time to cook! I would be very happy to stay home and cook all day but that is just not possible. I guess that's why I like one pot meals or meals that freeze well and I can make a lot of when I have time then freeze in portions. I don't like feeling time constraint when cooking, it takes the enjoyment out of it for me.

I think the only times i feel like i want a break from cooking is when i am totally engrossed online and just don't want to bothered with the kitchen on a whole, other than that i totally enjoys cooking.

Back
Top Bottom