Do You Have a Speciality or a Signature Dish?

Food4thought

Veteran
Local time
2:36 PM
A signature dish is one that is associated with you and which you prepare for special occasions. Signature dishes are also used when entertaining important guests, when it's important to serve something that is going to impress, and which you are confident in cooking.

A speciality could be anything from the type of cake you bake to a preferred style of cooking.

What is your speciality or signature dish?

My signature dish or at least what I hope is my signature dish, is any type of risotto with shrimp being my favorite to make. I don't often make this for dinner parties but if I am just having some friends or family over or just my boyfriend and I it tends to be my go to. It's relatively easy but time consuming.

I have what I claim to be my signature dessert, a specially mixed cream cheese fruit cocktail mix. The very first time I made it was by accident. I was hungry for dessert and only had a few things to mix together to make something. I introduced my "accident" to tons of people and they all tend to like it. I now make this dish for every gathering I'm invited to.

I do not have a signature dish but my husband does. He can make a mouth watering lasagna. Every time he cooks lasagna, he has to make about two and a half pans full. Also every time we have a family gathering he has to make lasagna.

My signature dish would be fried rice or any other similar concoction. I've been cooking it ever since i was a kid and by now I've gotten to try out plenty of different varieties of recipes. Though I'm still wanting to discover some other ones from other cultures as I've been learning more and more about the different rice mix varieties other countries have from browsing online.

A signature dish is one that is associated with you and which you prepare for special occasions. Signature dishes are also used when entertaining important guests, when it's important to serve something that is going to impress, and which you are confident in cooking.

A speciality could be anything from the type of cake you bake to a preferred style of cooking.

What is your speciality or signature dish?
It's funny, I never thought I actually had a signature dish until I started making pulled pork. There really isn't much to it. Basically, I buy a pork roast and clean the fat off, put it in water in the crock pot with salt, pepper, garlic and some onion and let it cook all day. I remove it when it's done and shred it and add the BBQ sauce. Simple!! My kids LOVE it !!! My teenage daughters let their friends try it and they all are in love too !! I am quite flattered by the way! That's all they talk about... " you HAVE to try my moms famous pulled pork!" I have even found myself sending little containers with my daughter to practice so her friends can have some too.
Who would of ever thought!
Danyel :)

I consider my tomato and pesto salad my signature dish. I discovered this recipe while improvising for a family reunion that we were going to have. My friends and family members really like it, and they always request it when there is an occasion. :)

I make the best fried chicken and mash potatoes and homemade macaroni and cheese. I love making this on Sundays for Sunday dinner. My fiance really enjoys it. If I ask him what he want me to make for dinner fried chicken would be his answer. lol. But I love making this for my family also. I didn't discover that I can cook until I moved on my own and really started to have to cook on my own and for my fiance. And this became my specialty I use my special seasonings!

I have quite a few dishes that I make regularly, though there are some that people will ask me to make for social events. Hot pot and vegetable lasagne are two savoury dishes I am regularly asked for and apricot and ginger cheesecake is my signature desert.

Back
Top Bottom