Do you have weird dreams?

Last night, I dreamed I was in an orchestra, and we were about to start playing, but the only thing we knew was “Come on, Eileen,” by Dexy’s Midnight Wotsits.

We were all doing that tuning/warm-up cacophony pre-concert when the fellow next to me confessed he was new and didn’t know the song, so I and the fellow on the other side of him were trying to teach it to him.

Last night, I dreamed I was in an orchestra, and we were about to start playing, but the only thing we knew was “Come on, Eileen,” by Dexy’s Midnight Wotsits.

We were all doing that tuning/warm-up cacophony pre-concert when the fellow next to me confessed he was new and didn’t know the song, so I and the fellow on the other side of him were trying to teach it to him.

To be fair I don't think many people know the lyrics :laugh:

“Oh, come on, Eileen!
You know what I mean!
La la la laaaaa
Doobie do doooo!
Yah, come on, Eileen!
You know where I’ve been!
La la la laaaaa
Scooby-dooooo-beee-dooo!”

I think that’s right. :laugh:
Essentially he singing he fancies her in that dress and would like to get jiggy, the best he can muster to sway her is to repeatedly say, "come on Eileen" and that at that moment she "means everything".
But it sounds very much like it's only at that moment and he'll say anything!
Very romantic 😆

But the actual quality of the playing on there is pretty good for a pop song.

It's called a hypnic jerk.
Blimey, and that's what I thought of the bloke I went to university with...
Seriously - I occasionally get the same kind of dreams ( I'm walking, or running away from something, then arrive a a huge chasm I have to jump from) but I just try to block them out.
Doesn't work very well...

Blimey, and that's what I thought of the bloke I went to university with...
Seriously - I occasionally get the same kind of dreams ( I'm walking, or running away from something, then arrive a a huge chasm I have to jump from) but I just try to block them out.
Doesn't work very well...
A weighted blanket might help.
Mr SSOAP and my youngest have them and since I bought them the weighted blankets they haven't complained about their sleep at all. Mind you they have restless leg as well as the hypnic jerk thing so are in a different ball park.

I tried one but I didn't much care for it but then I don't have the falling/waking thing going on. People do rave about them.
They mention how much they love theirs often.

They had the grey ones but you get the gist -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084WQK8WM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Back
Top Bottom