Do you like you chili hot?

L_B

Veteran
Local time
1:54 PM
I have had chili cooked by many different people and every time it tastes different. Everybody seems to have their own twist on chili. Mind you I have never had one that I didn't like. I like chili with a kick but I have had ones with sugar in them and that sweet and hot taste was an awesome combination.

When my partner makes chili he makes it quite spicy and I love it. The little bit of burn feels great when you are eating it. So what about you, do you like your chili hot?

I have had chili cooked by many different people and every time it tastes different. Everybody seems to have their own twist on chili. Mind you I have never had one that I didn't like. I like chili with a kick but I have had ones with sugar in them and that sweet and hot taste was an awesome combination.

When my partner makes chili he makes it quite spicy and I love it. The little bit of burn feels great when you are eating it. So what about you, do you like your chili hot?

I like it a little spicy, but not too much. :wink:

Reactions: L_B
The hotter the better. Seriously, I can out-chilli anyone and have even had competitions with people to prove it!. I am actually addicted to chilli pepper and have some almost every single day! Last night, for example I had a ham sandwich laced with Mr Naga pickle. The Naga chilli is one of the highest on the Scoville scale :pepper::D.

The hotter the better. Seriously, I can out-chilli anyone and have even had competitions with people to prove it!. I am actually addicted to chilli pepper and have some almost every single day! Last night, for example I had a ham sandwich laced with Mr Naga pickle. The Naga chilli is one of the highest on the Scoville scale :pepper::D.

WOW!!! Not me!!! :eek::headshake::stop:

I had some Dorset naga lately they are leathal

I love spice. However, my nose doesn't - it runs and runs when I eat super spicy food (I know, too much oversharing, perhaps?)

A little spice I can handle but if it's too hot I struggle to get through the meal! So just a mild level of spice is good by me.

Some peppers are no that too hot though. I came across a recipe that uses whole chilies stuffed with cheese then swathed with batter and deep fried. I think they look crunchy and yummy although I did not try them yet but hopefully I will next time.

I usually like it very hot, mostly when the weather is cold. I cannot eat most foods without chillies. The act as appetisers whenever I feel like not to eat. I like chillies very much.

My husband cooks chili beans but only when we have red pepper in the garden. He always say that it is nice to cook chili that is freshly harvested although I know it's only a psychological effect. With his chili beans, the hotness is controlled so we can eat it comfortably. Whenever we have chili beans, the best partner is buttered toast. And when we cook chili beans, it's always one cauldron as the tradition. That means we would have chili beans for 2 days at least that's why we give to the neighbors.

I do not like it nearly as hot as some people, but a little kick is good. I usually season primarily with chili powder, which has some heat, but not alot. My room mate on the other hand likes to add hot peppers to hers to make it really smoking hot. I have a hard time eating foods that are that hot because it can be very painful, so I don't add that much heat.

Wow that must have been really hot! It sounds absolutely awesome though. When you start eating things with lots of heat, I find that without spice, all the other foods seems to dull and tasteless.

When I was younger, I loved my chili really hot. Back then, I would indulge a bit much at the clubs, and the next day (hangover), I would go to Wendy's and buy a large chili, put 6 hot sauce packages in it, and eat that with a huge iced tea, and then would feel amazing.

These days, I have an ulcer and various gastrointestinal issues, so I don't eat much hot food. I still love chili, salsa, etc., but I keep the hotness level at mild to moderate, and have found that I actually get more pleasure out of it, because I can taste the food better now than before.

Back
Top Bottom