Do you make New Year's resolutions?

Local time
11:35 PM
There are lots of people who make new year's resolutions at this time of the year. These people usually have good intentions, but somehow, before the year is half way through, their good intentions seem to fizzle out.

I have never been in the habit of making new year resolutions. I believe it is a good thing to have goals for oneself, but I prefer to take one day at a time and seek to improve in different areas of my life as I go along. I don't think that one has to wait for a new year to make changes either. At any time during the course of the year, one can decide to make changes as long as it is for the better.

Are you usually in the habit of making specific resolutions when a new year is dawning?

Some year I do, some I don't. This year I am because I am quitting chocolate for good. I ate a lot of it recently, probably way more than I should have but there was a sale and... Anyway, it really freaked me out what it seemed to be doing to my body, and I don't mean I just gained a couple pounds. I really don't want to have anything to do with chocolate anymore. It's not good for me, and without it, I pretty much erase most of my reasons for consuming sugar as well, which will do nothing but good things for my health.

Well resolving to do something good for your health is not a bad idea at all. In recent years, however, I have been hearing that chocolate contains antioxidants and is good for the cardiovascular health as well as for blood pressure. Other health benefits include lowering cholesterol levels and preventing cognitive decline.. Dark chocolate in particular is the one with the most health benefits. But if you are not happy with using it because of what it has been doing to your body, then I wish you luck in your venture to cut it from your diet. Certain foods affect different people in different ways.

I don't make New Year Resolutions, if you want to change something in your life then do it don't wait for the beginning of a new year, the longer you put something off the more time you have to talk yourself out of it.

I usually have some kind of goal for the new year. Last year, my goal was to find a nice apartment for my daughter and I. I did that but this year, I have to do it all over again because I lost my apartment 3 weeks ago due to a rent increase. So my resolution for this year is the same as last year.

I usually have some kind of goal for the new year. Last year, my goal was to find a nice apartment for my daughter and I. I did that but this year, I have to do it all over again because I lost my apartment 3 weeks ago due to a rent increase. So my resolution for this year is the same as last year.

Well I am glad that your goal for getting a nice apartment last year worked out. However, I am sorry to hear that you have now lost it and have to make the same goal all over again this year. I trust you will be more fortunate this time around, and that your goal or goals for the next year would not involve having to look for an apartment all over again.

Like most I don't make any New Year's Resolutions. I have seen how that really doesn't work out for most. Caribbean girl, do many even make it to the half year mark? I think not.

As I have grown and matured I try to always look for ways to correct something about myself "year in and year out". That's an ongoing thing and there are no dates attached to it.

Back
Top Bottom