Do you mix your wine with other beverages?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
10:24 AM
About a year ago, I mixed a glass of wine (white) with 7-up. (Don't ask me why, just experimenting.) What I discovered is that this blend is super delicious. The flavor is sweet, but also a bit tangy. Ever since, I have been experimenting with combining different beverages together.

Do you mix your wine with other beverages?

Wow, with 7-Up?? I can't even imagine how that tastes!! No, I don't mix wine with anything. i really love wine and I would think it would be a waste to mix it! My mom has mixed a couple of wines before. She said it turned out delicious but I don't know. She likes really sweet wine, so it probably tasted like grape juice! I don't know why she doesn't simpy, drink grape juice instead.
To me I wouldn't mix, because each wine has its own acidity, tones, undertones, age... I would probably just leave it as is.

No, I do not mix wine with anything. In fact, my friends think I'm crazy because I don't care for wine at all. My old boss used to order wine and sparkling water at our lunch meetings. She would mix the two. I always thought it was kind of odd. She said it dilluted the wine and added a fizz. Um...okay? Haha! I suppose everyone has their own tastes. Hey, if you like it and enjoy it, go for it! :)

I've only, recently, found a wine I like drinking, so no, I have not mixed my wine with anything.

I can't say that it would have ever crossed my mind, to do so, either. What else have you tried to mix together?

I am a true fan of a white wine spritzer! This consists of either a splash of club soda or 7-up in your favorite wine just enough to give you the bubbles affect. It's very VERY good- if you have not tried one I suggest you do!

Not in a long time but I have tried red wine with coca cola when I was traveling through Europe and it was surprisingly good.

I've heard of these strange mixes with red wine but never tried any... I love it as it is!
However white wine is used in a lot of different cocktails and seeing as I don't really care for it by itself, I'd be interested in trying a mix!

I sometimes use white wine in my white sauces or in my stews, I believe it helps tenderise the meat, other than that I usually don't put any wine in my food.

Before I came to Germany, I would have thought it was a sin to mix wine with any other beverage, but Germans will mix just about any kind of drinks together and have given the world the Wine Coke. It's not nearly as awful as it sounds, though it's usually made with red wine and I think OP's white wine/7-UP combo sounds more promising.

Back
Top Bottom