Do you pre-prep your veg?

I wash all produce (and disinfect shelf stable foods and other items before putting them away). My experience working as a merchandiser for food companies allowed access to backrooms of stores. Occasionally there was evidence of rodents and insects in storage areas. I'm not putting stuff away in my house without cleaning it first.

I generally do minimal prep on veggies and fruit upon purchase other than washing.

I wash things like celery stalks when I go to use them. You can actually see dirt on them when you pull the stalks off. Same with potatoes, unless I am going to peel them. Same with any other veggies I plan to peel -- I don't bother washing them.

CD

I wash things like celery stalks when I go to use them. You can actually see dirt on them when you pull the stalks off. Same with potatoes, unless I am going to peel them. Same with any other veggies I plan to peel -- I don't bother washing them.

CD
Yeah, since celery and potatoes that I buy both come in plastic packaging, I wioe off the plastic with a disinfecting wipe before putting away but don't wash the actual vegetables until using them. I wash potatoes even before peeling, I find them easier to peel when wet.

Back
Top Bottom