Do you recycle leftovers?

We rarely have left overs because we plan our meals but if we do then we have a 'bitsa' meal, bits a this and bits a that, or you could call it a hash either way have fun with whatever you have :cook:

Absolutely! Because of the foods I like to make, I can often use them later as a sort of salad topping, spread, or even a casserole depending on what the leftover is. There are, of course, exceptions to the leftover rule; certain things are only meant to be tasted on their own and with a side. For the moment, I'm waiting to have mashed potato leftovers to see if I can turn it into something like a soup.

I recycle as much as I can. When we have hotdogs, the next night we're having beanie wienies. When we have bacon with our dinner, we have blt's.

Man do I learn some new dishes here.I just had to Google bubble and squeak and it looks good. When I cook and there is any food left over, I to reinvent the meal mostly for myself. My husband, a changed man seems happy to just reheat whatever is there, Rice and some sort of meat is usually what I have to work with and the twist I can put on them are endless I. I usually don't like left over veggies so most times vegetables are never left. I cook just enough.

I do tend to have leftovers because some nights my young boys eat like they haven't eaten in days and sometimes they hardly touch their plates. So it can be hard to judge the right amount to make. But we are good about using the leftovers. Sometimes it is just the plain and simple reheat and eat. But I also have a mini pot pie recipe I use for leftovers that everyone seems to enjoy. Many of our leftovers get eaten during the weekend when we are relaxing around the house and want a quick snack.

Man do I learn some new dishes here.I just had to Google bubble and squeak and it looks good. When I cook and there is any food left over, I to reinvent the meal mostly for myself. My husband, a changed man seems happy to just reheat whatever is there, Rice and some sort of meat is usually what I have to work with and the twist I can put on them are endless I. I usually don't like left over veggies so most times vegetables are never left. I cook just enough.
I want to be just like you.
If I try to cook something without the recipe being right in front of me, then something really bad is going to happen. And whatever it turns into I wouldn't feed a stray cat

I want to be just like you.
If I try to cook something without the recipe being right in front of me, then something really bad is going to happen. And whatever it turns into I wouldn't feed a stray cat

My husband loves cooking and he really is amazing in the kitchen, he can put together a delicious meal from bits left over in the fridge or thaw out from the freezer, mix with herbs/sauce and voila, me, I need things written down in front of me just like you.

You're so lucky! My husband can bake a cake like you wouldn't believe! But he will only step one foot in the kitchen if its a special occasion.

Leftovers are definitely recycled. That's part of the fun of it. It allows me to try to be 'creative' - sometimes it works, sometimes it really doesn't. A lot of the time it's just very easy to throw vegetables into a stir fry or fried rice dish. But it could equally be a stew, chilli or any number of derivations. Waste in these situations is just wrong.

It's rare that I actually have leftovers. There's only two of us at home and that's a pretty easy amount to judge. I'll often make extra food with the intention of freezing it for later but there's rarely anything left over from the man meal.

I like to use leftover roast chicken and vegies to make chicken pot pie. I use crescent rolls to top it with, however: if I made dressing, I will top it with a thin layer of that. I use leftover porkroast for egg rolls and I use leftover roast beef to make hot roast beef open face sandwiches with any leftover gravy poured over them. Leftover vegies get saved in a container in the freezer to make soup with. I sometimes use left over vegies in meatloaf,,, I will flatten the meat out and use the vegies like a filling across the meat and roll it up. I hate throwing food away,, I am on such a tight budget I try to use up every little bite.

We usually have a lot of leftovers in the house which turn out to be our meal for next day breakfast or dinner. Our family prefers it this way since it also saves time in cooking or preparing meals everyday. Sometimes, we also use it for our packed lunches for e.g. I shed the fried chicken from yesterday's dinner to use it for our sandwiches the next day. Some veggie or pastry leftovers also become small snacks which we just eat throughout the whole day in case we get hungry and don't feel like cooking :P.

Back
Top Bottom