Do You Shop For Food At The Same Time Each Week?

Food4thought

Veteran
Local time
12:52 AM
Many people buy all their food at weekends, when supermarkets and stores are busiest. I prefer to buy food on a weekday when there is less chance of finding empty space when I'm looking for a particular product.

Shopping at different times means there is more chance of finding reductions and offers I might out on at busy times.

Do you have a set time for food shopping or does it vary according to your needs?

I do not have a set time for shopping. I usually shop whenever I have run out, or am running out of stuff. So, my shopping is for the most part, spasmodic. I really am not fond of shopping when the supermarket is very busy, but if there is a need, then I have no choice but to do so.

Shopping the way I do also gives me the opportunity of meeting up with different people who seem to have set shopping days. So, in this way I also get to see some of my friends whom I have not seen in a long time. The time of day is also a factor here, since there are those who have a special time of day to shop. Usually I prefer mornings, but I would also opt to go in the evening if that turns out to be more convenient for me at the time.

I do not have a set time to grocery shop. I usually go once a week sometime to get the weeks worth of groceries though. It seems like my days are different each week with some weeks having two store visits.

I did get a set time from two different stores when they put out their marked down meats, though. I have yet to get up with either one but one of these days I will!

Not really. I have a busy schedule at work, so going to the wet and dry market or grocery is more of a spur of the moment thing for me. When I have extra time and I am not in a hurry, I take time to check the goods for sale. Also, sometimes, I do not have enough budget. I do not want to incur debt on my card, so I spend my money wisely.

Usually, we shop on a Friday because that is when my partner has a half day at work. It is easier to go together then while our older two children are at school.

My boyfriend and I usually shop on the weekends because that's the only time he has off. If I'm really running out of something and I need it in the next 24 hours, then I'll go to the store by myself. We usually go with a list though so going just on a whim feels kinda weird for me :)

I don't have a set time for shopping but tend to go about once a week. What I buy varies on my schedule, who will be home, plans for after work so sometimes we run out of items earlier than others. The only set shopping time I have is Saturday mornings when I go to the farmer's market for produce, bread and eggs.

Back
Top Bottom