Do you still use your bread maker?

kgord

Veteran
Local time
2:22 AM
Maybe this should have been under the kitchen tools section but I was wondering how many people still use their bread maker for bread making and other things? I still use mine but sparingly. I don't even think the stores are still selling bread machine mix. I usually look online for breads that can be adapated specifically for the machine.

I haven't used my bread maker as a bread makrr for a long time. I have ueed it to make cakes and jam, but I think the last time was around 8 months ago now.

Breadman Bread Machine..jpg
Jam in a bread maker?

Yeah, they DO let you make jam in them.

I was given this bread machine pictured above. It was never used yet, but the instruction manual went missing, so I ordered and received a new manual for it.

I will be making some bread soon to go with the Veggie Beef & Barley Soup that I'm planning to make, now that the cold weather is almost upon us! :wink:

Last edited:
Certain ones yes. You can't make a lot though. Just one jar at a time. And you can make cakes as well. Madeira, and ginger cakes especially are good to make in a bread maker.
Zojurushi Bread Machine..jpg

I also have THIS one - the big Zojurushi bread machine.

It also can be programmed to make just the dough for the bread without baking it, allowing you to enjoy the pleasure of being able to finish the job by hand if you so choose to.
It also makes jam & box cake batter for easy cakes.

It is a good machine! But since I was given the machine pictured above this one, so I'm keeping the Zo in storage. :wink:

Last edited:
View attachment 1719

I also have THIS one - the big Zojurushi bread machine.

It also can be programmed to make just the dough for the bread without baking it, allowing you to finish the job by hand if you choose to.
It also makes jam & box cake batter for easy cakes.

It is a good machine! But since I was given the machine pictured above this one, so I'm keeping the Zo in storage. :wink:

They look like nice machines.

Thanks! They truly are!!

Can't wait to use the little one!! :wink:

Last edited:
I never had one but I know quite a few people who do. It seems when they first got it they used it all the time. They were always making bread but now nobody uses them. They are all tucked away somewhere. I often see them for sale at yard sales.

yes, they were quite an 80's fad. I will use mine sometimes. I find it to be much more user friendly than a pasta machine. I had one of those too, and frankly the results were not worth it. It was time consuming to make pasta and also to clean the machine.

I don't use mine. I have none and won't have it on my list of things to buy. I am through buying things I don't intend to use consistently.

Maybe this should have been under the kitchen tools section but I was wondering how many people still use their bread maker for bread making and other things? I still use mine but sparingly. I don't even think the stores are still selling bread machine mix. I usually look online for breads that can be adapated specifically for the machine.
I will use mine at least once a year. It is un to use and I love the smell of bread making. They just seemed to fall out of style though. I think they are nice gadgets to have if you like making bread. Some people love to do it the old fashioned way though and would not dream of using a machine.

They do still sell them. I was given one as a leaving present from work many years ago. I still have it but should get rid of it as I love to make bread by hand and make several loaves a week. The last time I used it resulted in a very peculiar looking loaf. I'll go and see if I kept the photo of it...

Back
Top Bottom