Do you swap plants or seedlings?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
4:41 PM
some here may know my wife's a great gardener, but I grow all the plants from seed. Then when they are ready for the garden she takes over. I grow lots of lettuces, radishes,spring onions ove summer. I plant plenty and give away to our kids who also like to grow stuff. I got home tonight and there was some plants from my good mate David. ( we call him dafyd the only gay in the village) plants ready to be planted out are cabbages caulis and Brussel sprouts. He's prolly just repaying the plants I gave him. I gave him about 12 sunflower plants last year with 3 different types, but I think it's good to share your plants.
Most of you guys should be planting out about now. Do you swap plants?

Russ

Kind of. Any spares we have after planting out get left on the table at the allotments - generally they're given for free, but most people put a small donation in the allotment honesty box. Likewise we've benefited when other people have done the same....it came in really useful last weekend when we found that 2 of our squashes had been totally eaten by slugs, but by coincidence there were a couple of pumpkin plants being given away on the table. In return we donated our three leftover melon plants. :okay:

We're a bit late in planting out this year....the weather has been absolutely awful over the past couple of weeks....far too much wind and rain. The hardier veg are doing ok, but the cucumbers are looking rather sad :(

Kind of. Any spares we have after planting out get left on the table at the allotments - generally they're given for free, but most people put a small donation in the allotment honesty box. Likewise we've benefited when other people have done the same....it came in really useful last weekend when we found that 2 of our squashes had been totally eaten by slugs, but by coincidence there were a couple of pumpkin plants being given away on the table. In return we donated our three leftover melon plants. :okay:

We're a bit late in planting out this year....the weather has been absolutely awful over the past couple of weeks....far too much wind and rain. The hardier veg are doing ok, but the cucumbers are looking rather sad :(

Allotment, lol, wife would so love to be able to share stuff like you do, I bought her a sign, it sits at the top,of her shed. It says

Pinks allotment.

Her nickname is pinky.lol.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom