Do you take your time when you cook or try to get a meal done asap?

pintbean

Veteran
Local time
8:07 PM
I am curious to know how everyone goes into cooking a meal. My roommates make fun of me because I like to take my time cutting things, cleaning things and organizing my kitchen to suit what I am cooking. I feel that if I were to rush I wouldn't enjoy the experience and the food would not come out the same. This is just me. What is your cooking style fast or slow?

I am definitely a get it done kind of person. That's a big reason that I switched to cooking in large batches and freezing individual meals, so I don't have to really cook most nights, but I still have really good food ready to be warmed up and eaten. There was a time I liked the process of cooking slowly and experimenting a whole lot more, but then things changed and there are so many other things I also want to be doing.

I like to be fast in the kitchen, but not so fast that I spoil what I am cooking. When I first learned to cook, I was pretty slow at preparing a meal, but now that I am more familiar with the art of cooking, I tend to speed up things a bit. One reason for this is that there are other things that also need to be done, so I cannot devote all of my time into preparing a meal. I usually have a plan before I start to cook, so everything just flows along nicely, and before you know it, I am finished. For baking I may take a little longer since I do not experiment with that on a regular basis.

I appreciate knowing your styles. I think that I would have a complete different style if I had kids and had so many other things to take care of. I truly never considered that. I will enjoy taking my time now, and mastering my recipes so that when the time comes I can just bang meals out in a jiffy.

It really depends on what I'm cooking and how much time I have on my plate. When I bake, I like to enjoy it and relish the scent of spices like cinnamon. I also believe that it is important to be very precise with measurements and etc. when I bake. So, I take my time with baking. At other times, if I cook something special and gourmet, then I take my time to follow the recipe correctly. However, other than that, for regular every day cooking I like to get it done as fast as I can and move on to anything else that I have to get done for the day, I usually have pretty busy days.

I am mostly a rush girl in the kitchen as I am always on the move. When it comes to cooking for guest, I have had the reputation of being late. To rid myself of that stain, I find I am in rush mode whenever I am having guest.

The only time I take my time in the kitchen is on the odd day I am off from work when there is no one waiting to be fed.

I do a bit of both, if it's a snack, I multitask and get it done quickly if I am hungry. Otherwise I do like to take my time with a new recipe and use cooking as a time to relax and cook properly rather than rush a recipe. I always find the latter more fun and the results are generally better.

Back
Top Bottom