Do you use an extra large measuring cup?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
4:03 AM
I purchased an extra large measuring cup a couple of years ago. This item doubles as a mixing bowl. Whenever I bake in small quantities, I use it for convenience. The only problem is the extra large measuring cup is made of glass and a bit heavy.

0007644055178_300X300.jpg

I have one of those, Pyrex if you ask about.

When I bought it, about a decade ago, it was truly convenient. Today is sometimes used to prepare and serve lemonade because is too large for measuring the small quantities I need to cook and bake for myself, and even when I have to do it for my family and friends, I found more practical a measuring cup (of glass too) that is the size of one cup, besides a set of plastic cups/spoons with different measures.

It was one of the first things I replaced after we got back from cycling around the world (we sold/gave away everything). So very useful. Ours is a wider based one though, but I love it because I can leave the hand egg-whisk (a big old thing that is excellent but prone to making bowls fall over) in it and it does not fall over. they cost about £4 new currently. I have the 2 of the smaller size as well (1/2L ones).

000176001.jpg

Yes. I love this thing. I use it for pancakes. You are right that it is heavy. But it is so easy to measure and stir the batter right inside there and then pour straight from it… minimal drips and easier clean up.

My thing is that I can't store mine with my other measuring cups. It has it's own place down by my pots and pans, which my organization bug hates, but whatever you know?

Yes, they're so convenient. It's funny, I have brought some smaller measuring bowls and utensils but I almost always opt for my extra large, trusty glass bowl. :laugh:

A measuring cup is one of the things that is very useful in the kitchen. I had both a regular size which helps me a lot in cooking our everyday meals and an extra large size which helps me in baking simple cupcakes and brownies and custard flan which I find very useful for having the exact measurement and mixing the ingredients.

The biggest one I have is two cups - otherwise I just stick with a mixing bowl. I never would have thought to mix it all in the cup itself. What happens when you need to measure multiple ingredients with it? You just add it to the total amount?

The two cup one I have is probably just about right for what I need. It helps when I am making soups and stocks, and don't want to measure out the liquids one cup at a time.

Yes, they're so convenient. It's funny, I have brought some smaller measuring bowls and utensils but I almost always opt for my extra large, trusty glass bowl. :laugh:
I love mine as well! It is very handy! I also like that it is glass! It is easy to clean and use. I almost always reach for it instead of my other options in the house! :)

I have one and it's really handy when you have to measure anything over a cup, but so annoying if you have to measure something like 1/4 of a cup. It's huge and hard to get into my flour bin. So I have this cup and a small set of measuring cups for that reason.

I acutally have a specialy measuring cup that is as big as a bowl and came with a lid from pampered chef products..I absolutely love it!
url

Back
Top Bottom