Do you use any shoppers’ loyalty cards?

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
4:07 AM
Maybe they’re called something different in you’re area, but do you belong to any shop loyalty programs, the kind that, in return for tracking your purchases, you get some kind of savings on store purchases?

I do have two - Kroger and Dorothy Lane Markets (DLM, local chain). With Kroger, they’ll display a special “with Kroger card” price on a lot of items, and I also earn money off on fuel purchases.

With DLM, similar, but not exactly the same. I accumulate points with every purchase, and each month, they offer different items at reduced prices in exchange for your points, like I can get their in-store baked bread, which is normally $5.99/loaf for $3.99 and 100 points, or a dozen eggs for $0.12 and 100 points, things like that.

For clarity, I’m not talking about a store credit card for paying for purchases, but rather belonging to their loyalty program.

Which ones do you have, if any, and how do you use them?

Maybe they’re called something different in you’re area, but do you belong to any shop loyalty programs, the kind that, in return for tracking your purchases, you get some kind of savings on store purchases?

I do have two - Kroger and Dorothy Lane Markets (DLM, local chain). With Kroger, they’ll display a special “with Kroger card” price on a lot of items, and I also earn money off on fuel purchases.

With DLM, similar, but not exactly the same. I accumulate points with every purchase, and each month, they offer different items at reduced prices in exchange for your points, like I can get their in-store baked bread, which is normally $5.99/loaf for $3.99 and 100 points, or a dozen eggs for $0.12 and 100 points, things like that.

For clarity, I’m not talking about a store credit card for paying for purchases, but rather belonging to their loyalty program.

Which ones do you have, if any, and how do you use them?
I've got Giant Eagle, Acme, Buehlers, Fishers (all local grocers). I tend to shop at Giant Eagle, usually via curbside, the most. They have a perks program that used to be only for fuel but now you can redeem of your grocery total too.

I have Kroger, Frys, Harris Teeter, and Winn Dixie for when I'm on vacation in areas where they are located.

And of course I've got multitudes of other cards for garden centers, home improvement stores restaurants, etc.

I also use browser extensions for shopping online that give me cashback: Honey, Ibotta, and Capital One Rewards.

I only have one, because loyalty cards here often don't really offer much but more expenses at the till. And the one I use lets me pay for the premium, but it gives me discounts on all organic produce and I get the amount I pay for premium compensated in what I buy in two weeks of a year already. So the premium is worth it, because I get far more out of it than I pay.
It's 'Albert Heijn premium' , Albert Heijn being the biggest supermarket chain in the Netherlands.
Mijn Albert Heijn Premium: vergroot je voordeel | Albert Heijn

Yes, I have one here with Woolies. You accumulate points (1 point per dollar) and they have an option to either take $10 off your shop as you reach the points total (2,000) or set it to save for Christmas which is what we do. We're at $320 saved for spending during the month of December at the moment. It will pay for about 2 weeks of Christmas shopping.

It also gives us 4c/liter off fuel which we can increase to 8c/l off because of who we get our electricity through. If you spend a set amount in the petrol station shop you can qualify for another 4c/l off but we don't waste money there unless we need screenwash.

Additionally you get extra points on a weekly basis on certain items if you click on the boost button, and double or triple points on your shop or 10x points of free from range etc. And certain other companies allow you to obtain points for grocery shopping by buying in their store. Our electricity company give us points for each quarterly bill paid as well.

We've also recently signed up to car insurance with them and when that lands we'll get 10% off our shopping bill once a month (you choose which shop it applies to). We're going to move over to a monthly shop for non-perishable items at that point.

Hell no. I do use a coffee rewards card and get a free coffee for every 10 purchased and it's not a chain store but a person I know that owns a coffee shop with pastries and sandwiches and of course beer.

I have a Krogers/Fry's card and a Safeway/Vonns/etc ... OH! I still have my cards from back home too!!! Foodland and Times.
All are the same, they give you discounts on certain items, keeps track of your purchase history and some have gasoline discounts too.
But for gasoline, I go to Costco as much as I can, in fact I saved 30¢ a gallon on my last fill up, plus with the Costco Citi Bank Visa I get 4% cash back at the end of the year. And it's for real cash in your hand! One year we got back more than I'd care to mention and took it to the bank to deposit it into or checking account :happy:

Back
Top Bottom