Do you use any sort of cooking apps?

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
12:30 PM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
I was wondering about the prevalence of cooking apps on your smartphone or tablet if you have one.

I have a couple of recipe apps, but that's about it - I tend to just look things up on my laptop if I'm requiring anything specific.

Are there any cooking or food related apps you have that you'd recommend or just cannot live without?!

I love the Yummly app. I have food allergies and they give you the option to remove all recipes that contain any ingredients you can't have. There's an endless amount of things you can remove as well! You just type in the ingredient and they're all gone. The more common ones (eg gluten, wheat, dairy, soy, egg, all nuts, fish, etc) are already included and you just have to click a button. It's great if there's an ingredient you really can't stand as well as you can just click and remove.

On the flip side of this you can also tell it what ingredients you do have and it'll find you all the recipes that include those ingredients, and you can remove any you don't have as well so you can find appropriate recipes to suit your needs at any time. It's really a great app! I'd definitely recommend it!

I love the Yummly app. I have food allergies and they give you the option to remove all recipes that contain any ingredients you can't have. There's an endless amount of things you can remove as well! You just type in the ingredient and they're all gone. The more common ones (eg gluten, wheat, dairy, soy, egg, all nuts, fish, etc) are already included and you just have to click a button. It's great if there's an ingredient you really can't stand as well as you can just click and remove.

On the flip side of this you can also tell it what ingredients you do have and it'll find you all the recipes that include those ingredients, and you can remove any you don't have as well so you can find appropriate recipes to suit your needs at any time. It's really a great app! I'd definitely recommend it!

Ooooh - this sounds fabulous - love that idea about being able to remove an ingredient for something that you can't eat or may not like. It just makes life a whole lot easier when you can filter it by things like that!

Going to go check the app store and download it now...I appreciate the recommendation and the info about it!

No, I still have to try an app for the kitchen. I guess that would be a great help particularly for beginners in the cooking game. When I started trying my hand in culinary work, there were no apps, actually no support whatsoever that's why my cooking was a big disaster. But that may be a blessing in disguise since now I do not cook anymore, hahahaaa.

Back
Top Bottom