Do you use your mixer to make whipped potatoes?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
4:35 AM
This has been the burning question ever since way back when! How many of you use your mixer to make whipped potatoes? I usually use a potato masher. I find it at times to do just as good a job as the mixer would do it. Even though, with the mixer, you may want to whip air into it to make it light & fluffy. :wink:

Last edited:
When I first got the Kitchenaid I used it to make mashed potatoes - it actually does them very well and they don't go gluey using the flat beater (I think its food processors which use a blade that make them go gluey). I haven't bothered using it for a while though - much simpler to just use a hand masher.

However......several month's ago I bought myself this new stick blender set which came with a potato masher attachment and this is now my favourite way of making mashed potato - the masher attachment works really well: perfectly creamy mash with no lumps every single time :okay:

However......several month's ago I bought myself this new stick blender set which came with a potato masher attachment and this is now my favourite way of making mashed potato - the masher attachment works really well: perfectly creamy mash with no lumps every single time :okay:

I had one of those (I think we chatted about it before you bought it) and it was brilliant. Sadly the motor went bonkers (this could be because I was attempting to make foam with the blender attachment and had it on non-stop for 15 mins! It started to get extremely loud and ear-splitting! In the end I replaced it with another stick blender which unfortunayely has no mashing attachment.

No. Don’t own a small mixer I use a potato masher and then a wooden spoon. Mine turn out creamy

Old fashioned hand masher, I somehow get satisfaction from bashing them up. I put butter cheese and cream in mine. And they ARE really creamy. My kids say I make the best mash tatters. And lots of white pepper!!

Russ

By the time that I grab the mixer out, set it up with the wire whip, plug it in, make sure that it's clean, I will have mashed the taters & be almost done!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom