Do you'll steam or roast food to avoid oil?

As I am cooking for one, using my contact grill for meat is the way I go - it does a half decent job with grilled veggies as well. I tend to either eat veggies raw or steam them. Having said that, some foods really need to be fried. Breaded, oven roasted chicken parts aren't the same as KFC for example. If I am really craving something deep fried, I will go out for it, but don't do so that often.

Most of my food is cooked on a frying pan. I do use a little oil but not more than necessary, besides I live quite healthily so I'm not too worried about it. I had a medical checkup and the doctor said "damn that's good" when looking at my blood pressure so I think I'm fine! :D

I definitely love barbecued meat but sadly that is not an option for me at the moment.

Do not forget that a diet lacking fats and oils completely is more than unhealthy. It is fatal. Too much fat and oil is also unhealthy. Oils and fats can be safely heated up to a point, the maximum temperature depending on the oil in question. Choose oils wisely and use them sparingly. Avoid toxic oils such as "rapeseed". I try to avoid canola, which is a variety of rapeseed. Butter is healthier than margarine.

Do not forget that a diet lacking fats and oils completely is more than unhealthy. It is fatal. Too much fat and oil is also unhealthy. Oils and fats can be safely heated up to a point, the maximum temperature depending on the oil in question. Choose oils wisely and use them sparingly. Avoid toxic oils such as "rapeseed". I try to avoid canola, which is a variety of rapeseed. Butter is healthier than margarine.

I agree! I roast vegetables in the oven quite often, but I use a drizzle of pure olive oil to give them a little crunch. I never use margarine! My husband likes steamed vegetables more than I do, so I guess I'll learn to like them. :)

This is a great link that talks about heating olive oil. It also mentions that you can't make a saturated product at home, from any oil, because the process is very complex. http://www.oliveoilsource.com/page/heating-olive-oil

Steaming is undoubtedly the best way of cooking food in order to avoid oil. Steam cooking is not only one of the healthiest methods of preparing food, but it is also a special way of preparing it which allows the steamed products to keep their shape, color, taste and juice. During the steam cooking the loss of vitamins and minerals is minimal. Therefore, if you want to eat healthy food, rich in natural vitamins and minerals, steam it or eat it raw. You can also get rid of the cholesterol content by implementing this way of cooking.

Steaming is a convenient way to heat up foods. I used to own a bamboo steamer and I would reheat meals in it instead of using a microwave.
Personally I prefer butter and coconut oil to cook things in though.
I try to eat high fat, medium protein and very low carb.
Eating that way makes me feel mentally and physically healthier than any other way I have tried.

I prefer roasting to steaming, honestly. I'd only resort to steaming for some specific ingredients, as I find it to be a little pale as a cooking process, whereas roasting will usually yield something more robust. Don't get me wrong, I still do appreciate the subtle and delicate appeal that steaming provides, but I'm just much more inclined to roasted dishes even if they do require the use of a bit of oil.

When it comes to steaming foods I do it for my vegetable dishes. But for the meats either beef, pork or chicken I cook them either by boiling or roasting them but not to avoid oils because most dishes taste better if you will fry them in oil. We all want to be healthy but fats also plays an important to some of our body processes so we had to choose which oils is good or bad for our body. We had just to be careful using the right kind of oils for good health.

I prefer the taste of roasted foods. But the oil in and of itself isn't really a problem. The problem is what type of oil you are using. And how you are using it. Obviously deep frying is not healthy. But for example, when I bake oven fries I do add a small amount of olive oil to them.

I think it depends on what you are cooking. I prefer steamed or roasted foods because I don't really care for the taste of butter and oil. I feel like I get more flavor from the food when I steam or roast it. On the other hand there are some foods that I think really need some oil or butter to bring out their taste and in those cases I definitely don't steam or roast. I like to be healthy but also think we should enjoy our food.

If it was solely up to me i would have most of my dishes steam as i just can't deal with all the grease at times ; however to my dismay the rest of my family will literally die to have their food fried so at times i i calls for me to compromise.

I do not steam a lot of my foods, but I do roast them quite a bit. I live roasting meat with lots of herbs and roasting veggies. I roast tiny potatoes frequently and my family loves them. You use a little olive oil to coat the potatoes and then add parsley, rosemary, salt and pepper and roast them in the oven for about 45 minutes. They are good!

I steam, cook or bake veggies to help eliminate fats. I love baked parsnips and cauliflower to no end! I use the stupid foreman grill whenever possible too.

Back
Top Bottom