Do your family and friends share your passion for cooking?

ChowDownBob

Supersize Me!
Local time
10:24 PM
Do you have any family members or friends that share your passion for cooking? ... and by share, I don't mean eating the results. :laugh:

yes, most of my family members enjoy cooking! It's great, we often have big dinners where one person invites the whole family over and cooks for them.
My friends however? Not really, it's a shame.

My parents both cooked professionally, so I have learned from them. My brother thinks he's a good cook and he's not bad, but we won't tell him because he has a big head already! I'm more of the baker for cakes and pies and my parents are good at soups, frying and everything else. It's not competitive, but I like to do things my way and my dad always tries to tell me to do it his way so I prefer them not to watch me cook. We all have our own styles and what suits us, and I can tell who has cooked what usually!

My husband can cook, like 2 of his 3 brothers. His mother is a typical northern (UK) housewife and cooks typical food. A vegetarian daughter-in-law took her out of her comfort zone but she adapted. She hasn't got her head around a vegan one, nor one of her sons moving to a raw diet!

My husband however can't adlib at all. He follows recipes literally and if it had a typo that says 1tbsp salt he will put 1tbsp in without questioning it. Sadly that usually makes the recipe inedible for me who hates salt!

My husband has a passion for cooking, and he is very good at the skill. He is creative and is always coming up with new dishes to try. The ideas just pop up into his head and he goes with it. Most of the time, his ideas come out tasting great. He does not cook as much as I do though because he has a very physical job.

Do you have any family members or friends that share your passion for cooking? ... and by share, I don't mean eating the results. :laugh:
My youngest son has a passion, but they all have a passion to eat the food I make! I really take pride in my cooking, all vegan foods. Not to many people share the same passion of eating healthy.

My hubby enjoys cooking as much as i do and his mom just never leaves the kitchen, there is just always a meal to be placed on the table ...as for my friends we are definitely birds of the same feathers...we could sit for hours just chatting about dishes we have cooked or is planning to sample...i just love food on a whole and wouldn't have it any other way.

Back
Top Bottom